Genesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We’ve just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we’re recruiting now for an Application Support Analyst Interested? Read on to find out more.
What are we looking for
We are currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to join our Support function at an exciting time of our rapid expansion. Reporting to the Head of Support, our vision is to create a world class global support team for our clients and to support their LCAP infrastructure and platforms.
The role will suit a technical minded individual who loves to problem solve and has great communication skills – you will have to speak to customer IT teams and business users, alongside our internal Dev and product teams. Our support analysts must also be keen to understand the wider business flows and systems at the customer site to provide a first class support experience.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure and maintain business application stability as well as action client/user requests/problems.
How you’ll play your part
- 1st and 2nd front line support of Low-Code Application Platform applications and infrastructure
- Liaison between 2nd and 3rd line teams, as well as development and other IT infrastructure departments
- Regular communications with an extensive client base to provide status updates, successful solutions as well as documenting all activities for future reference
- Responsible for the recording of issues and actions and being able to provide incident and problem management (understanding of ITIL processes)
- Tracking and monitoring of all our clients hosted platforms (Prometheus / ITRS)
- Act in a strict change management regime, involving testing in UAT and like-live environments
- Capacity management and tracking and management of audit requests
- Small scale application upgrade, configuration and patching across multiple environments in line with requirements
- Oversight, QA and sign off for all go live and production changes/upgrades
- Contribute to departmental and company-wide process improvement
- Operate as part of a shift rota, covering the hours of 07:00 – 18:30 including bank holidays
- Weekend and evening pager cover on rota
The experience you’ll bring
- Proven industry experience as a Support Analyst with at least 3-5 years experience in supporting capital markets solutions that process financial instruments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons with proven experience of working with business stakeholders and external clients.
- Willingness to take ownership for problem resolution and additional responsibilities where applicable
- Extensive scripting and programming skills (esp Java)
- High proficiency with Linux environments (Redhat and CentOS)
- Good understanding of networking and client/server technology (http vs websockets and ports), FIX connectivity is also a bonus.
- Worked with and have an understanding of cloud computing and environments, ideally AWS hosting
- Proven industry experience following Agile Software Development practices
- Knowledge of the typical flows and functionality associated with handing business flows in one or more asset types; equities, fixed income, FX, listed future and option, OTC derivatives
- The ability to constructively participate and critique in technical and functional discussions with talented technical architects and lead developers
- Process excellence – a passion to achieve results though effective organization and process disciplines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidence and composure in all situations.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership.
- 15 days’ vacation and 5 days of additional paid time off.
- Private Healthcare.
- Company Bonus Plan.
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your CV.
We are only accepting applications from candidates directly. Given application volumes, we do not require approaches or CV’s from recruitment agencies.
Genesis – Code Less, Do More
To apply for this job please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it.