lbgcareers Lloyds Banking Group
We in Group Audit at Lloyds Banking Group are opening our next chapter. We’re hiring forward-thinking people that want to maximise their impact. We’re looking for those that proactively drive their development, have the ambition to succeed and wish to invest in their career.
We’re offering the opportunity to build on your existing knowledge and technical expertise. With us, you won’t be just a resource – you’ll be valued from day one. You’ll join our innovative and collaborative Data Analytics (DA) team within Group Audit. You’ll apply data science and analytics techniques to support delivery of our audit plan and drive innovation in the department.
This is a hands-on and varied role within our skilled and industry leading team of data analysts and scientists who are supporting our ambition to become a truly data and insights driven organisation. This includes working on the design, implementation and delivery of applications.
This role gives you an opportunity to get exposure to senior management and the entire Group. You’ll directly see the impact of your work through production tailored and advanced analytics tools, develop an understanding of the Group as well as gain highly transferable programming and analytics skills.
Who are we?
Our vision is to enable better outcomes for Lloyds Banking Group by being the leading Internal Audit team that sets the standard for others to aspire. We’ll achieve this through our growth, focus and change, role modelling the Group’s culture and values.
Our purpose is to Help Britain Prosper by supporting the Group to achieve its strategy through valuable insight, interventions and championing effective governance, risk management and control.
Group Audit thinks strategically.
- We provide timely and valued assurance to the Group when our stakeholders need it, holding the Group accountable for the strategy it has set.
- We influence positive change through our real time interventions, insights, and knowledge to help the business understand the root causes, the risks it is taking and what to prioritise.
- We’re innovative and are leaders in automation and data, lifting the standards of others.
- We focus on strategic and other key risks to give our stakeholders assurance that the Group is well placed to safely deliver its strategy.
- We grow our capabilities and the skills required for the longer term and are a valued talent partner for the Group.
- We see things that the business cannot through our unique standing, innovative approaches and advanced use of data and technology.
- We’re proactive, make things simple and are empowered to make decisions so we can act quickly and focus on the things that matter.
- We focus on the highest priorities, delivering the greatest impact and value for Internal Audit and the Group.
- We strive for the highest team performance, take accountability for our results and apply a growth mindset to improve in the future.
As developer you will the chance to:
- Apply agile project management and standard methodologies in software development.
- Work on the design, implementation and delivery of applications.
- Apply a wide range of data science or sophisticated analytics techniques.
- Support innovation by identifying opportunity to develop reusable tools or apply data science to enhance Group Audit’s analytics capabilities.
- Contribute to data science or utilities development projects with support from experienced data scientists and programmers in the team.
- Communicate on technical areas in plain, simple language that is easy to understand.
- Acquire sufficient level of auditing and business knowledge to deliver data analytics for audit work on an ad-hoc basis.
- Answer queries and provide support to end users for existing utilities.
In this role, you would support the development of data science techniques and audit test automation techniques.
The following skills and experience would be expected:
- You have working experience on data science projects, complex analytics projects and can demonstrate your ability to understand and apply data sciences context to answer a business question/challenge
- Experience of using Python and SQL programming languages
- You can demonstrate the ability to deliver using these languages while applying standard methodologies in software development and understanding the key data science and programming concepts.
- You can communicate in a way that a non-technical audience can understand and deliver with a constraint on timescale and competing priorities.
It would be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of additional programming languages, particularly experience in web development using Django framework
- Knowledge of code and task management tools such as Git, JIRA
- Experience of using data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or SaaS
- Previous financial services, audit or risk experience
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for team players – Trust each other, act as one team to achieve the best outcomes and make a positive difference to the Group and its customers.
We want colleagues who are bold and take action – Confidently innovate, share exceptional insights, difficult messages and drive action that leaves a legacy of significantly improved governance, risk management and control.
We want people who will embrace our differences – Be inclusive. Be curious about different cultures and celebrate the opportunity that diversity brings.
We put our people first. We have a proposition that inspires our people to be their best. We’re passionate about developing and retaining talent and helping colleagues realise their potential.
Your approach is just as important as your skillset, if this sounds like you, then we’d welcome your application.
Here’s what we can we offer you in return…
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we’ll continue our market leading, innovative transformation and you’ll help us realise the Group’s vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
You’ll also receive a package that includes…
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we’ll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 28 days holiday (plus Public)
You’ll learn new skills and be given opportunities to grow and develop to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. We’re a very supportive team who care about your wellbeing. Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working. The expectation currently is that you work a minimum of two days a week in the Office.
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you.
Will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Together we’ll make it possible!
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.