Role: AWS Re/Start Instructor
Location: London (Remote)
Hours: Freelance – Evening Sessions
Salary: £50-75 per hour depending on experience
Coding Black Females
Coding Black Females was established in 2017 to address the underrepresentation of black women in tech. We are an award-winning non-profit organisation with the aim to grow and inspire the community of black female developers. We are the largest network of black female developers in the UK.
Our main aims are:
- Build the community by removing barriers, showcasing talent and making our role models visible
- Provide opportunities for our community to learn new skills, and share their skills with other people in the community
- Support the community through mentoring, providing a safe space for discussions and development
Coding Black Females are looking for a technical instructor who will lead successful training on our AWS Re/Start course. Sessions will be delivered during the evening 2 to 3 times per week.
The course will be delivered to students remotely with some in-person sessions/workshops in London.
Coding Black Females is looking for two technical instructors who will lead successful training for our students.
- One year of experience in teaching technical IT content covering at least three of the five areas mentioned below:
- Linux Operating System
- Scripting languages such as Shell and Python
- Networking and Security concepts
- Relational Databases
- DevOps Concept and Processes
- Familiarity with Google Workspace / Google Products
- Experience teaching with Zoom or other online platforms.
Optional, but nice to have:
- AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate certification or AWS Solution Architect – Associate Certification active through the duration of instruction. Professional level certifications in Solution Architect or DevOps are also accepted. No other certifications are considered equivalent and satisfying those requirements. (Can get certified within 30 days of hire)
- Enterprise workload experience on AWS services
- Experience teaching AWS content to enterprise customers
- Comptia / Cisco certifications
- Teaching Technical content to a non-technical audience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience teaching and/or working closely with unemployed or underemployed individuals
- One additional major nice to have- Experience teaching AWS re/start
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style.
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
Details and Perks:
- Course Start: November 2022 / Instructor Training Start: July 2022
- Office located in Bethnal Green, London, E2 9DT (Hybrid working)
- You will play a key role in the future direction and growth of Coding Black Females and work alongside a friendly, and passionate team.
- Hours: evening hours, typically 6pm – 9pm
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.