Location: London/hybrid (Course Delivered Virtually). UK Based.
Hours: Full Time (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Contract Type: 6 months freelance
Salary: £50K-£60K annual salary (FTE/DOE)
Coding Black Females
Coding Black Females was established in 2017 to address the underrepresentation of black women in tech. We are a non profit organisation with the aim to grow and inspire the community of black female developers. We are the largest network of black female developers in the UK.
Our mission is to grow the community of black women in software development and technical roles, from entry level to executive level. We will remove the barriers to enter the industry and progress within roles.
Our main aims are:
- Build the community by removing barriers, showcasing talent and making our role models visible
- Provide opportunities for our community to learn new skills, and share their skills with other people in the community
- Support the community through mentoring, providing a safe space for discussions and development
Coding Black Females deliver technical bootcamps ranging from 6 weeks to 30 weeks, we are looking for an instructor to teach on one or many technical bootcamps from start to finish to ensure their successful delivery.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Trainer to educate people in the Full Stack Development, DevOps, Cloud and Technical Architecture field. You will develop and adapt technical training programs and help others develop skills to enable them to gain new or more senior employment in the tech industry.
Technical trainers must be knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. We are open to meeting candidates who would like to develop their skills in relevant technologies. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The goal is to be a key person involved in the delivery of our technical training programmes enabling our members to gain new technical skills.
There will be some course and workshop content creation involved, particularly in Elastic Search but the majority of the course material will be provided.
Responsibilities and Expectations
This is a varied role and you will need to be flexible and willing to take on a range of tasks.
- Utilise existing course material and Coding Black Females systems to achieve lesson objectives and prepare for sessions. Typically we use Google Docs, Zoom and an LMS
- Create new course content to teach concepts that may need further definition or description
- Produce training schedules and classroom agenda, review existing curriculum ahead of sessions and adapting where necessary to support student requirements and needs
- Be available for ‘Office Hours’ sessions to support the students outside of lesson time
- Meet with corporate partners where necessary to update them on student progress
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed
- Keep and report data on attendance, completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
We are looking for people who have working experience or comfortable teaching (or able to learn) in the following areas:
- Agile Development
- Full Stack Development
- React and Node
- SQL and NoSQL Databases with a focus on MongoDB
- DevOps and Automation
- Cloud Services (AWS, Containers, Clusters)
- Technical / Software Architecture
- Elastic Search
- Experience as a technical trainer or as a senior developer offering mentorship to people in more junior positions
- Must be able to develop students to a more senior level
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course material
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Working experience as a software developer or technical architect.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.