BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced software engineer based out of London to help us build the next generation of machine learning infrastructure. We need your help and expertise to build tools and platforms to allow data scientists and engineers alike to iterate quickly on training, evaluating, and deploying models. Your work will affect the way readers around the world experience the best content on the internet.
You’ll report to the Data Group Lead in New York, surrounded by passionate people who are generous with their time and want to help you grow at BuzzFeed. You’ll work with engineering, product, design, and data colleagues globally across time zones. We are working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021.
- Develop services and libraries that power machine learning infrastructure
- Work with diverse teams of product managers, designers, software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists
- Use your experience to advocate for best practices in machine learning across the organization
- Develop new capabilities and processes that increase the speed of model development and experimentation
- Mentor software engineers and other members of the team
- You have 5 or more years experience working on large-scale software infrastructure systems
- You have 3 or more years experience developing machine learning infrastructure
- You are comfortable working and iterating on evolving workflows and requirements
- You have previously built large-scale APIs and libraries for Python or Go
- You are comfortable working in SQL (BigQuery) on data sets
- You can take complete ownership of a feature or project
- You have a record of leading work across departments
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.