Role: Digital Administrator
Location: London/Remote (we will have the occasional office day)
Hours: Part time – 5 days per week 10.00am to 15.00pm with some flexibility.
Salary: National Minimum Wage
- Kickstart Scheme Applicant
- On Universal Credit
- Aged 16 – 24
- Based in the UK
Coding Black Females
Coding Black Females was established in 2017 to address the underrepresentation of black women in tech. We are a non profit organisation with the aim to grow and inspire the community of black female developers. We are the largest network of black female developers in the UK.
Our mission is to grow the community of black women in software development and technical roles, from entry level to executive level. We will remove the barriers to enter the industry and progress within roles.
Our main aims are:
- Build the community by removing barriers, showcasing talent and making our role models visible
- Provide opportunities for our community to learn new skills, and share their skills with other people in the community
- Support the community through mentoring, providing a safe space for discussions and development
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed administrative assistant to join a small but successful team supporting the next generation of Black women in the tech industry.
The postholder will be responsible for admin support for the Directors and the wider team.
Responsibilities and Expectations
This is a varied role and you will need to be flexible and willing to take on a range of tasks.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Executives and wider team
- Meeting and event administration (setting meeting dates, collating and issuing agendas and papers, arranging Zoom meetings and taking minutes.)
- Managing the Coding Black Females email account and forwarding on enquiries as required
- To be the lead on or be involved in special project work, as necessary.
- Handle basic customer queries.
- Provide administrative support to the Partnership team.
- Supporting the team in their relationship management which could include copy writing, preparation of written communications, sharing resources or updating tracking spreadsheets and records
- Managing the corporate partnership email account and forwarding on enquiries as required
- Inputting job related data for the Coding Black Females Job Board and application forms
- Exporting job related data for the Coding Black Females Job Board
- Sending communications to the Coding Black Females community on various messaging platforms
- Good working knowledge of Zoom, Trello and G Suite, or desire to learn new skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills to provide support to the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Friendly and professional, with a positive approach and commitment to quality – including when under pressure.
- Brilliant attention to detail with the ability to proofread, spell check and format to company standards
- A proactive approach to work and confidence in working independently
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others, including remotely based colleagues in the UK.
- Excited to work in a small, busy team
- You’ll be passionate about diversity and inclusion, and deeply committed to the CBF mission of educating, providing opportunities to, and building the CBF community.
- Playing a key role in the future direction and growth of Coding Black Females, and positively impacting the future of the tech industry
- Being the first to know about events, opportunities and initiatives occurring within the CBF community.
- Working alongside a friendly, and passionate team of volunteers.
- Access to training platforms to aid career progression
Please apply by completing this form: https://airtable.com/shrxJC7sYUn2oPhub
Contact your Job Centre / DWP Work coach quoting: KSE945BD32 letting them you you are applying for this role.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.