Hours: Part time – 5 days per week 10.00am to 15.00pm with some flexibility (20 – 25 hours a week)
Salary: £12,000 – £15,000 per annum
This will start as a temp role, and progress into a permanent position.
Coding Black Females
Coding Black Females was established in 2017 to address the underrepresentation of black women in tech. We are a non profit organisation with the aim to grow and inspire the community of black female developers. We are the largest network of black female developers in the UK.
Our mission is to grow the community of black women in software development and technical roles, from entry level to executive level. We will remove the barriers to enter the industry and progress within roles.
Our main aims are:
- Build the community by removing barriers, showcasing talent and making our role models visible
- Provide opportunities for our community to learn new skills, and share their skills with other people in the community
- Support the community through mentoring, providing a safe space for discussions and development
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and experienced administrative assistant to join a small but successful team supporting the next generation of Black women in the tech industry.
The postholder will be responsible for admin and office support for the Coding Black Females’ CEO and the wider team.
Responsibilities and Expectations
This is a varied role and you will need to be flexible and willing to take on a range of tasks.
Office Management and Administrative support
- Provide administrative assistance to the Chief Executive Officer and the wider team
- Meeting and event administration (setting meeting dates, collating and issuing agendas and papers, arranging Zoom meetings and taking minutes.)
- Managing the Coding Black Females email accounts and forwarding on enquiries as required
- Creating and distributing invoices to clients
- To be the lead on or be involved in special project work, as necessary.
- Handle basic customer queries.
- Provide administrative support to the Partnership team.
- Supporting the team in their relationship management which could include copy writing, preparation of written communications, sharing resources or updating tracking spreadsheets and records
- Managing the corporate partnership email account and forwarding on enquiries as required
- Working with the Black Codher (coding bootcamp) leadership team for all administrative activities
Person Specification (we will consider people who don’t have working knowledge, but are keen to learn on the job):
- Significant experience of providing administrative support in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of Zoom, Trello and G Suite.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills to provide support to the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills with ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Friendly and professional, with a positive approach and commitment to quality – including when under pressure.
- Brilliant attention to detail with the ability to proofread, spell check and format to company standards.
- A proactive approach to work and confidence in working independently
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with others, including remotely based colleagues in the UK.
- Experience of working in a small, busy team
- You’ll be passionate about diversity and inclusion, and deeply committed to the CBF mission of educating, providing opportunities to, and building the CBF community.
- Playing a key role in the future direction and growth of Coding Black Females.
- Working alongside a friendly, and passionate team of volunteers.
- Access to training platforms to aid career progression.
To be considered please email a cover letter and a CV or link to LinkedIn Profile detailing why you are best suited to this role CBF Application Email by 22nd January 2021. Please ensure your email is titled “Office Manager Position”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.