Location: London/hybrid (Course Delivered Virtually). UK Based.
Hours: Full Time (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Contract Type: 2 months freelance
Salary: £4K per month
Coding Black Females
Coding Black Females was established in 2017 to address the underrepresentation of black women in tech. We are a non profit organisation with the aim to grow and inspire the community of black female developers. We are the largest network of black female developers in the UK.
Our mission is to grow the community of black women in software development and technical roles, from entry level to executive level. We will remove the barriers to enter the industry and progress within roles.
Our main aims are:
- Build the community by removing barriers, showcasing talent and making our role models visible
- Provide opportunities for our community to learn new skills, and share their skills with other people in the community
- Support the community through mentoring, providing a safe space for discussions and development
Coding Black Females deliver technical bootcamps ranging from 6 weeks to 30 weeks, we are looking for a Curriculum Engineer to write training material for the ElasticSearch unit of our technical bootcamps.
The Curriculum Engineer must be knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The goal is to be a key person involved in the development of our technical training programmes enabling our members to gain new technical skills. Your main responsibility is to lead on course and workshop content creation, with a particular focus on ElasticSearch.
Responsibilities and Expectations
This is a varied role and you will need to be flexible and willing to take on a range of tasks.
- Design and develop training solutions using authoring tools and new learning technologies
- Develop lesson resources, including lesson slides, printable resources, quiz questions, key vocabulary, common misconceptions and how to address them, and other resources as appropriate
- Provide context and clear explanations to instructors who will use these resources to deliver bootcamp sessions. These will reflect research-informed pedagogies such as Rosenshine Principles
- Identify the appropriate learning approach to ensure best coverage and performance.
- Collaborate with our central team to ensure that all images, diagrams and exam questions used in the curriculum resources have appropriate licensing where required.
- Develop and refine resources for teachers, such as subject knowledge videos, or guidance for teaching units or individual lessons
- As required, develop and refine a wider range of resources for learners, such as knowledge organisers or explanatory videos
- Collaborate with subject matters experts, curriculum, and account managers internally
- Work appropriate stakeholders to ensure that the curriculum resources support high quality teaching
- Incorporate feedback and needs to support further development of the curricula as well as updating content
- Any other reasonable support as required in relation to the design of the curriculum
- Design some Train-the-Trainer sessions
We are looking for people who have experience in the following areas:
- Deep understanding of ElasticSearch
- Great knowledge of Agile Development
- SQL and NoSQL Databases with a focus on MongoDB
- Knowledge or experience of DevOps
- Knowledge or experience of Cloud Services (AWS, Containers, Clusters)
- Technical / Software Architecture
- Experience creating technical course content
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning abilities
- Knowledge of software development or technical architecture
- Ability to take a holistic approach to developing the curriculum
- Improve documentation and self-help resources.
To apply for this job please visit airtable.com.