Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training company
Apply here Key facts:
- Locations: London and Manchester
- Salary: £27,500 + benefits
- You must have the right to work in the UK (and be able to evidence it) for your application to be successful
- Cohort size: 30
- Monday 10th January 2022: Training starts. Your availability is required – please only apply if you are available full-time from the start of training
About the role: Data science is where state-of-the-art tech meets business decision-making. Our data scientists combine both mathematical and statistical skills with programming techniques, to derive meaning from data to solve real world problems for clients. Once you have graduated from our Academy, you will become a Digital Futures employee and from there you will be placed as a consultant with one of our industry partners.
- Work closely with major clients to understand their requirements
- Support our industry partners on developing strategic tech initiatives
- Apply the technical and business skills you’ve learnt during immersive training
- Create solutions and present the results
- Collaborate within high performing tech teams to find solutions that have real commercial impact
You will continue to benefit from ongoing training, support and mentoring from the Digital Futures team. We will continuously assess your progress to ensure you are developing at the right pace. At the end of your development journey in our Academy, you will be perfectly set-up for a brilliant future in Data Science. Join us and start your Digital Future today.
Your journey with us: Your journey with Digital Futures starts with our immersive training, during which our team of expert trainers will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for today’s workplace. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and plenty of opportunities to collaborate with your peers. Our mission is to create a workforce in tech that is representative of society, and our commitment to diversity within the cohorts in the academy are a true reflection of this.
On completing this course, you’ll have a solid foundation in data science techniques, models and approaches to understanding the behavioural characteristics of KPIs, maximising the impact you’ll make in industry. You will also work towards achieving the certified Associate-level Python Programmer certification (PCAP) from the Python institute, one of the most respected certifications available for aspiring data scientists today.
On completing the course, we will give you the opportunity to take up a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures for two years, which you will spend working in high-performing data teams at some of the world’s most innovative companies. During the first two years of your employment, you will also continue to be supported with your learning and development, working towards PCPP Professional qualification.
If you are unsure about applying, or want to find out more about Digital Futures, our Academy, or Data Science as a pathway for you, please join one of our introductory workshops that we’ll be holding during the application window. All the details of how to join can be found here
Our immersive training: During your immersive training, you’ll learn how to derive insights and how to present the results to stakeholders effectively, through a series of practical workshops and team challenges incorporating real datasets (e.g. from Kaggle). You will be able to understand and analyse phenomena with data using techniques and theories learned, as well as through a diverse range of real-world projects to develop and advance your data skills.
- Coding fundamentals (Python, SQL)
- Data storytelling and visualisation (Tableau)
- Ethics in data and AI
- Applied mathematics and statistics
- Big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop / Spark)
- Data model testing and governance
- Machine learning and deep learning
- Natural language processing
- Preparation for taking the certified Associate-level Python Programmer certification
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Professional skills training is comprised of six key modules:
- Mental wellbeing
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
What are we looking for? Our data scientists come primarily from a STEM background, but you don’t need any previous education or experience in tech or data to join our Academy. We actively encourage applications from non-traditional backgrounds, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Why join Digital Futures? Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training organisation created by an experienced team, to help people like you get into tech. We provide the skills and the opportunity to work with some amazing companies across a variety of industry sectors. It doesn’t matter what you studied at school or university – if you are interested in a rewarding career in the exciting tech industry, we are here to help. We select and assess applicants based on their ability to demonstrate the critical attributes needed for a successful career in tech, with no minimum education or experience required. We don’t simply talk about being an equal opportunities employer, we mean it. Our successful candidates come from varied backgrounds, and we strongly promote diversity and equal opportunities within the tech sector. We partner with industry-leading and equally minded organisations and universities who support our mission and are aligned to our purpose. Apply now
To apply for this job please visit digitalfutures.com.