Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training company
- Locations: London and Manchester
- Salary: £27,500 + benefits
- You must have the right to work in the UK (and be able to evidence it) for your application to be successful
- Cohort size: 30
- Monday 10th January 2022: Training starts. Your availability is required – please only apply if you are available full-time from the start of training
About the role: We believe that software engineering is about more than code. Join us and develop an outcome-oriented growth mindset, that focuses on delivering results and directly benefits you and our industry partners. Once you have completed your training through our Academy, you will become a Digital Futures employee and from there you will be placed as a consultant with one of our industry partners. You will:
- Work closely with major clients to analyse user requirements
- Support our industry partners on developing strategic tech initiatives
- Apply the skills and knowledge you’ve learnt during immersive training
- Interpret business problems to propose and implement engineering solutions
- Collaborate within high-performing tech teams to write and test code, improving and revising it as necessary
You will continue to benefit from ongoing training, support and mentoring from the Digital Futures team. We will assess your progress continuously to ensure you are developing at the right pace. At the end of your development journey with us, you will be equipped with both the industry experience and foundational leadership skills to ensure you are set up for a bright future in the tech industry. Join us and start your Digital Future today.
Your journey with us: Your journey with Digital Futures starts with our immersive training, during which our team of expert trainers will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for today’s workplace. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and plenty of opportunities to collaborate with your peers. Our mission is to create a workforce in tech that is representative of society, and our commitment to diversity within the cohorts in the academy are a true reflection of this.
On completing the course, we will give you the opportunity to take up a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures for two years, which you spend working in high-performing software engineering teams at some of the world’s most innovative companies.
During the first two years of your employment, you will also continue to be supported with your learning and development, working towards the Java SE8 Professional Level qualification. You’ll be committed to life-long learning and have both the mindset and skills to rapidly achieve your own goals. You’ll be ready to join teams and hit the ground running, having already built test-first, command line, web, and single page applications using multiple languages and frameworks. Above all, you’ll think about the quality of the code you write and find ways to keep it easy to read and change.
If you are unsure about applying, or want to find out more about Digital Futures, our Academy or software engineering as a pathway for you, please join one of our introductory workshops that we’ll be holding during the application window. All the details of how to join can be found here.
Our immersive training: You will need exemplary communication and professional skills alongside your technical skills to be a successful software engineer in today’s workplace. You’ll cultivate these skills during project-based learning, self-assessments, peer review, group reflections and emotional intelligence workshops. You will also work towards achieving the Oracle Certified Associate, Java 8SE programmer certification, one of the most respected certifications available for aspiring software engineers today.
- Industry standard developer tools and workflow
- Software design principles
- Client and server-side development, including APIs and async programming
- Data persistence using relational & non-relational data storages
- Ownership of software development lifecycle to deploy features
- Preparation for taking the Oracle Java SE 8 certification
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Professional skills training is comprised of six key modules:
- Mental wellbeing
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
What are we looking for? You don’t need any previous education or experience in tech or software engineering to join our Academy. In fact, we actively encourage applications from aspiring software engineers with non-traditional backgrounds, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Why join Digital Futures? Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training organisation created by an experienced team, to help people like you get into tech. We will give you the skills and the opportunity to work with some amazing companies across a variety of industry sectors. It doesn’t matter what you studied at school or university – if you are interested in a rewarding career in the exciting tech industry, we are here to help. We select and assess applicants based on their ability to demonstrate the critical attributes needed for a successful career in tech, with no minimum education or experience required. We don’t simply talk about being an equal opportunities employer, we mean it. Our successful candidates come from varied backgrounds, and we strongly promote diversity and equal opportunities within the tech sector. We partner with industry-leading and equally minded organisations and universities who support our mission and are aligned to our purpose. Apply now
To apply for this job please visit digitalfutures.com.