Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training company
Locations: Roles will be either in London or Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Livingston). You must be available to commute or relocate to either of these locations to apply
Salary: £27,500 + benefits
Start Date: 9th January. Please only apply if you are available full-time from this date
You must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be successful
Why join Digital Futures?
We are a purpose-led technology training and services company. Our mission is to transform the lives of people like you by supporting individuals from all backgrounds to acquire the necessary skills and confidence to start their career in technology.
By focusing on potential, rather than background or experience, we unlock exceptional talent and help people like you to thrive in diverse and high-performing teams.
If you have the right mindset and drive, we will help you reach your career goals, preparing you to become a leader of tomorrow.
Your journey with us:
- Training – your journey with Digital Futures starts with 12 weeks of free immersive training, during which our team of expert instructors will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for your first software engineering role. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and group project work.
- Certification – at the end of your training you will be ready to take the Oracle Java SE 8 Associate programmer certification and you will also be supported in preparing for an interview with one of our clients.
- Employment – We will offer you a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures. You will be placed in a technology team with one of our clients, with a starting salary of £27,500.
- Industry standard developer tools and workflow
- Software design principles
- Client and server-side development, including APIs and async programming
- Data persistence using relational & non-relational data storages
- Ownership of software development lifecycle to deploy features
- Preparation for taking the Oracle Java SE 8 Associate programmer certification
- Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training.
Key professional skills modules include:
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
- Agile methodology
About the role:
Once you have completed your training you will be ready to start your role as a software engineer:
- Applying the skills and knowledge you’ve learnt during immersive training
- Working closely with major clients to analyse user requirements
- Supporting our clients on developing strategic tech initiatives
- Interpreting business problems to propose and implement engineering solutions
- Collaborating within high-performing tech teams to write, test and improve code
What are we looking for?
You don’t need any previous formal education or experience in tech or software engineering to join our Academy. In fact, we actively encourage applications from aspiring software engineers with non-traditional backgrounds, if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- An understanding of the basics of one or more programming language
- Genuine interest in tech and how it can help the world
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
Join us and start your Digital Future today.
To apply for this job please visit digitalfutures.com.