Making managing data easy
Do you want to make BIG WAVES or tiny ripples? Yeah, we’re big wave people too. We are now looking for a MLOps Engineer to join our team to design, implement and evolve our machine learning infrastructure. This role is based in Edinburgh but you can be based anywhere in the UK, as long as you can get to the office when needed. Duco is a fast-growth technology company. Businesses in the digital economy succeed or fail based on their ability to deal with masses of complex data quickly and efficiently. Duco’s mission is simple: to make managing data easy. We empower users to normalise, validate and reconcile any type of data on demand. New clients are live in 24 hours, with results in 7 days and tangible business value in 30 days. Our customers include international banks, brokers, exchanges, asset managers, hedge funds, administrators, service providers and corporates. Working closely with data scientists, engineering and product management you will create robust frameworks that enable Duco to deliver machine learning models from inception to production. To succeed in the role, you will have a strong engineering background along with experience of deploying and managing machine learning pipelines. The focus initially will be on designing and implementing robust machine learning pipelines that will enhance the data reconciliation, matching and self-service data normalisation pioneered by Duco. What you’ll be doing:
- Sagemaker machine learning development pipelines
- Implementing monitoring and alerting for production model performance and accuracy
- Model optimization
- Deliver reusable software and modeling artefacts
- Continuous model training and deployment
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists and engineering teams to integrate machine learning capabilities within the wider Duco product offering
If you can help us with the above, this is what you can expect from us: An extensive reward package:
- A competitive base salary, reviewed annually (the starting range for this role will be around £50,000 – £60,000 per annum)
- Annual success sharing bonus scheme based on Duco hitting key milestones, annually published and tracked so everyone can see how we’re doing
- Unlimited holiday, because we trust people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options, including location and hours. We all have to juggle home and work stuff sometimes!
- Enhanced family leave provisions, e.g. generous maternity and paternity leave
- A range of personal learning and development opportunities
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Healthcare and eyecare schemes
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contributions
- Tax-efficient cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme, for extra support outside of work
- Annual home working allowance to help make your personal space comfortable
You can also expect a genuinely inclusive working environment where your personal contribution will get noticed and valued. We love seeing people succeed in their roles, enjoying what they do, trying new things and getting great results. This philosophy is embedded in our culture. Tempted or even just curious? If you have experience of the following we’d love to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Industry experience with machine learning pipelines
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Proficiency with python and experience with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- The ability to forge strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Collaborative attribute and constructive mindset
- Proven ability to deliver end-to-end solutions
Not essential but bonus points if you have the following:
- Working knowledge of Java
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker
- Experience with one or more of Hive, Kafka, Impala or HDFS
Please note: we’re not looking for ‘the perfect candidate’ who ticks every box. We review all applications with genuine interest, and we support people in reaching their full potential. What are you waiting for? Hit that apply button!
To apply for this job please visit duco.bamboohr.com.