Making managing data easy
If you’re looking to kickstart your career. A SaaS company like Duco is a good place to start. We put people first. Always. We genuinely care about transparency and giving everyone a voice and what we do and how we do it. Regardless of roles or seniority levels, we value all opinions and input. We communicate honestly, whether the news is good or bad, and share knowledge and successes openly. Our philosophy is always to support, not micromanage. This approach is why our Glassdoor feedback reflects 90% of our people would recommend us as an employer, and 99% approve of the CEO. Not bad huh? An intelligent product and solid market base: Duco’s unique software helps companies solve their most complex data problems. It also makes people jobs faster, easier and less repetitive. Our customers are some of the world’s top financial institutions, and we’re still growing fast, even in the current economic climate. An exciting role with plenty of scope A Trainee Developer at Duco works in one of our cross functional, empowered engineering teams focused on ensuring that the platform we provide continues to both meet, and ultimately exceeds, the needs of our customers. Each team owns the destiny of their part of the product and makes decisions jointly, alongside representatives from Product, Sales and other customer advocates. You don’t just “code up” stuff someone else specifies. You’ll be responsible for creating new solutions to difficult problems, ensuring Duco continues to innovate and taking the service to the next level. Day-to-day that means you’ll be:
- Collaborating to deliver features which enhance our product across all areas of the technology stack
- Working to ensuring that the code your team delivers is performant, supportable and of high quality
- Performing code reviews for others, and having your code reviewed by your peers
- Learning new technologies and growing as an engineer
- Receiving teaching and mentoring from more experienced colleagues
Interested so far? Great! We’re looking for someone with:
- A keen interest in writing resilient software that scales
- Some experience with one statically typed language (e.g Java)
- Some experience with one dynamically typed language (e.g Ruby)
- Familiarity with at least one web framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails or Spring Boot)
- Knowledge of SQL and/or relational database concepts
- Willingness to learn about CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) pipelines (e.g. GitLab)
- Willingness to learn about Kubernetes
This is what you can expect from us for all your hard work!
- A compelling base salary (the starting range for this role is £30,000 – £40,000), reviewed annually.
- Annual success sharing bonus scheme based on Duco hitting key milestones, annually published and tracked so everyone can see how we’re doing
- Unlimited holiday, because we trust people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options, including location and hours. We all have to juggle home and work stuff sometimes!
- Enhanced family leave provisions, e.g. generous maternity and paternity leave
- A range of personal learning and development opportunities
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Healthcare and eyecare schemes
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contributions
- Tax-efficient cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme, for extra support outside of work
- Annual home working allowance to help make your personal space comfortable
Please note: we’re not looking for ‘the perfect candidate’ who ticks every box. We review all applications with genuine interest, and we support people in reaching their full potential. A final note about COVID-19 and our hiring process: We’re helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by continuing to work mostly remotely. Interviews will therefore be carried out by video conference.
To apply for this job please visit duco.bamboohr.com.