Website Duco Technology Ltd.
At Duco, we like to treat people a little differently. That’s why our Glassdoor feedback shows over 89% of our people would recommend us as an employer and 98% approve of the CEO. And right now we’re really interested in YOU and whether you might like to join our team.
What can we offer as your potential new employer?
A growing company, with a very bright future:
We’re a unique player in the market, helping companies solve complex data problems with our intuitive software. Even in the current uncertain economy, Duco is still actively selling to some of the world’s largest financial institutions, and we have the backing of top notch software investors and shareholders.
Where you can make a real difference:
We’re very proud that our software makes people’s jobs quicker, easier and less repetitive. We think anything that makes the working world a better place is worth doing! And this mindset is also reflected in our own culture. You can expect to enjoy a genuinely inclusive and collaborative working environment where your individual contributions will be noticed and appreciated. We encourage everyone to bounce ideas around, try new things, offer suggestions, experiment, ask questions, share knowledge and have fun!
In an interesting role with plenty of scope:
As an engineer in the Platform team, you’ll get to work across a wide range of systems, environments & technologies. As a team, we’re responsible for designing and building our infrastructure, networking, cloud services and kubernetes clusters – and for the packaging and deployment of our applications and products. This is what you’ll be doing day to day: We are in the midst of a transformation in the way that we build & operate our application. This relies heavily on the following tools and technologies:
- Docker for packaging/running our application services
- Helm to bundle & deploy application services
- Kubernetes to schedule and run our services
- Terraform to create & manage infrastructure
- AWS for much of our infrastructure, CloudStack for the rest
- Prometheus & Elasticsearch to monitor all the things
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the systems are secure, scalable and reliable – and that the platform is able to grow to meet the increasing demand of our customer base.
Your contractual place of work will be our London office, but you can base yourself anywhere in the UK, as long as you’re able to commute to the London office and travel to Europe when needed. We’re also reasonably flexible on working hours as long as the work is being done. Currently, due to COVID-19 our people are working from home and we’re not expecting any in-person customer meetings or business trips until mid 2021 soonest. And be well-rewarded for it:
- A competitive base salary, which will be reviewed annually (the starting range for this role will be around £65,000 to £80,000 per annum, in line with your current level of experience and local market standard)
- An annual success-sharing bonus scheme, so we recognise your efforts
- Unlimited holiday policy, because we trust our people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options. Everyone has to juggle home and work stuff sometimes!
- Enhanced family leave provisions e.g. maternity and paternity leave and pay
- Annual budget for personal learning and development opportunities
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Healthcare and eyecare schemes
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contributions
- Cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme, for extra support if things get tough
- Home Working Allowance to help make your space comfortable, currently £200 p/a
Ideally, you’ll have:-
- Experience with at least a few of the technologies above
- Experience of building and running a significant production infrastructure estate
- Keen to learn new technologies
- Willingness to learn or experience working with GitOps workflows
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly collaborative global environment
- Self-sufficient and comfortable operating in a fast paced SME environment
- Willing to grow within the company and not afraid to suggest improvements
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
Important point: If you currently can’t tick all the above boxes, please don’t let it put you off applying. We review all applications with real interest, and we believe in supporting people’s personal development. We’re not necessarily looking for ‘the perfect candidate’ with years of experience, gold medals and superpowers!
And a final note about COVID-19 and our hiring process:
We’re helping to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by continuing to work remotely. Interviews will therefore be carried out by video conference, and new joiners will be on-boarded remotely. Our hiring process is usually three-four stages, including an initial conversation, a technical assessment, an interview with the hiring manager, and one or two final-stage interviews.
To apply for this job please visit duco.bamboohr.com.