Why We Exist and What We Do
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions – from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You
EditShare is seeking a highly talented Software Developer to work in one of our amazing scrum teams to build new features across EditShare’s suite of Media Asset Management products.
We have a large existing code base in C++ and are moving towards building new Node.js based microservices . We need you to help us
Problems You’ll Solve
In the first 3 months you will:
- Learn our product, codebase, and processes.
- Contribute to our existing code and writing tests
- You will be collaborating with your scrum team and Product Owner to define, plan, develop new features
- Perform code reviews in GitHUB alongside your peers
In the first 6 months you will:
- Reflect on insights from the first three months and identify areas of improvement in the codebase and the processes
- Begin implementing the improvements identified after your first 90 days.
- Delivering demos of your work increments to stakeholders in a user-friendly manner
In the first 12 months you will:
- Deliver the first MAM feature as a micro service written in Node.js
- Contribute to design and work with the architecture team and product owner to
- Helping to improve the process through retrospection
What We’re Looking For
- A good communicator and team player you are happy to contribute
- Understanding the need to balance technical debt both within existing code and in new features against the needs of the biz
- Understand and be able to prioritize between fixing tech debt and refactoring
- Experience in developing microservices using C++ and Node.JS
- Using GitHub and Redmine for source control and ticket management
- Media asset management system
- Video and audio
- Familiarity with video editing principles and software like Adobe Premiere
- Track record of delivering software on time, on scope, and with quality.
How We Work
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions.
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way.
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems.
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit editshare.bamboohr.com.