Why We Exist and What We Do
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions – from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You
EditShare is seeking a highly talented Software Development Manager with a balance of skills encompassing technical leadership, project management, and product management. Position will lead 8-10 developers and 10 contractors in the modernization of EditShare’s suite of Media Asset Management products. You’ll lead multiple scrum teams and collaborate with our Storage team, Architecture team, QA team, and budding User Interface team.
Problems You’ll Solve
In the first 3 months you will:
- Learn our product, codebase, and processes.
- Release your first of many quarterly feature releases. You’ll use this experience with an eye toward improving the efficiency of the effort and eventually to a model where software can be delivered continuously rather than on quarterly deadlines.
- Perform code/design reviews and lead a scrum team as a scrum master.
In the first 6 months you will:
- Start triaging and managing support escalations as you collaborate with technical sales to support product demonstrations.
- Begin implementing the improvements identified after your first 90 days.
Work with the architecture team on a plan for unifying The Video UX with the Storage Product’s UX.
- Work with the QA team to implement automated regression testing for 30% of the test cases.
Advise on technical blueprint for EditShare’s product including the migration to microservice based services and auto scaling.
In the first 12 months you will:
- Continue automation support hitting 60% coverage of regression areas as well as including automation in the acceptance criteria of all new features
- Deliver the first media asset management features as micro services
- Combine EFS Control and FLOW Control products into a single pane of glass
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrated experience as a hands on manager. You might not be coding, but you’ll need to earn the team’s respect and be capable of directing/deciding on complex technical problems.
- Background in building REST services using Node.JS software development.
- C++ development experience is a big plus as our legacy code base is implemented with it.
- Any cloud experience is great because our products work on prem and in cloud
- 5 years experience in the media and entertainment sector with editing workflows or asset management.
- Experience working in global development organizations – managing through time zones and language barriers.
- Track record of delivering software on time, on scope, and with quality.
- Collaboration across teams. You should have the ability to align the goals of your team with the goals of the Engineering department and EditShare corporate goals.
How We Work
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions.
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way.
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems.
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit editshare.bamboohr.com.