The role can be based in our offices in Basingstoke (UK) or Remote (flexible)
Why We Exist and What We Do
EditShare exists to simplify storytelling. We enable media professionals to collaborate on projects thanks to our ever-expanding range of innovative products and features, all designed to improve production and unleash creativity. Integration and collaboration are central to all products in our comprehensive range of media management solutions – from ingest to archive.
Why We Need You
EditShare is seeking a Junior Software Developer to work in one of our amazing scrum teams to build new features across EditShare’s suite of Media Asset Management products. We are expanding our suite of existing web front-end applications and also porting a number of installed applications to web applications.
Problems You’ll Solve
In the first 3 months you will:
● Learn our product, codebase, and processes.
● Contribute to our existing code and write tests
● You will be collaborating with your scrum team and Product Owner to deliver features for our product
● Perform code reviews in GitHUB alongside your peers
In the first 6 months you will:
● Collaborate with your scrum team and Product Owner to plan, define and deliver features for our product
● Reflect on insights from the first three months and identify areas of improvement in the codebase and the processes
● Deliver and demo your work as part of the EditShare Hub initiative.
● Build reusable components for the Hub initiative
In the first 12 months you will:
● Help to improve the process through retrospection
● Be able to demonstrate our product to stakeholders outside of your scrum team
What We’re Looking For
Please do not feel you need to have all the below skills. If you think you can contribute please still apply!
● A good communicator and team player; you are happy to contribute towards the teams goals
● Understanding the need to balance technical debt both within existing code and in new features against the needs of the business
● Understand and be able to prioritise between fixing tech debt and refactoring
● Experience in developing modern user interfaces preferably using the Vue.JS framework
● Experience in working with microservices and RESTful design preferred
● Experience implementing components using service provider interfaces
● Using GitHub or git for source control
● Some knowledge of media asset management systems
● Understanding of working with video and audio
● Familiarity with video editing principles and software like Adobe Premiere
● Track record of delivering software on time, on scope, and with quality.
How We Work
At EditShare, our culture is driven by a shared respect for our customers, our people, and our products. We are passionate about our Core Values and believe they empower us to innovate and solve complex problems. We expect all employees to own culture and live by the values.
- Customer Empathy: We listen first. We believe this allows us to understand the context of the story and respond rapidly with innovative solutions.
- Humility: We recognize that we are stronger as the sum of our parts and respect the value of each individual contribution. We have the courage to do the hard work and learn along the way.
- Dig Deep: We have the curiosity to ask questions until we understand and the integrity to follow through on hard discussions.
- All Around Players: We are all willing and able to step in and play any position. We all own the problem and are willing to quarterback a solution.
- Win Together: We are happy when our customers and our teams succeed. We practice honest communication and respectfully work together to solve complex problems
Perks and Benefits
🏖 Unlimited Holiday Days – a truly unlimited holiday policy
💰 Employer pension
🩺 Full private medical insurance
🦷 Full private dental cover
🥰 Employee Assistance Programme
👁 EyeCare Plan
🚴♀️ Cycle to Work Scheme
🤒 Paid time off when you are unwell
💻 A hybrid approach to office working
🏢Company Wellbeing Days – we shut up shop twice a year to allow all employees to take the day off
👥 A collaborative, creative, and inspiring working environment
🤩 Life Assurance at three times your basic salary
💵 Group Income Protection
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
🧸 Generous Family Leave package – we support you expanding your family
EditShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit editshare.bamboohr.com.