Website ENGINE Group
Who are Engine?
We are Engine. A new breed of creative communications company. We operate via a unique collaborative model that curates specialist teams around clients’ needs, providing them with the answers they need now. And the questions they should ask of the future.
We work with some of the largest and most admired brands in the world, including Sky, Disney, Unilever, Royal Navy, Warburtons and Coca-Cola.
We’re proud of the accolades we have received in recognition of our work and in the last two years have won almost 100 top tier industry awards.
Your role and team
As a Systems Engineer, you will be a member of ENGINE’s UK IT department, primarily supporting our various systems across both on-premise and Azure environments. This role will join an existing IT Infrastructure team in London, however remote working is available.
As a systems engineer you will need to be willing and enthusiastic, interested in developing a career in IT with a strong focus on cloud engineering. This role will have system maintenance, deployment and troubleshooting at its core as well as administrative day to day responsibilities such as systems and network checks and responding to escalated service requests across the business.
ENGINE is looking for a candidate who is ambitious, comfortable taking initiative, and is willing to develop rapidly as we develop and deploy new technologies.
What are the main responsibilities?
- Complete service requests related to Windows Server OS, Active Directory, Virtualisation, networking and Systems management.
- Troubleshoot, analyse and resolve systems problems related but not limited to ENGINE infrastructure.
Rapidly deploy fixes to systems in response to newly identified stability and security threats.
- Articulate when required issues that cannot be remedied locally and work with colleagues and external service providers where required
- On-call, after-hours support will be required as needed
You should have
- Exposure to Microsoft Hyper-V
- Azure foundation accreditation as a minimum.
- IT Qualification in an IT or computing related background
- Familiar with supporting Azure AD and Windows Active Directory including SAML and using service principals.
- Supporting and maintain a Azure hosted environment including serverless resources such as SQL and Web Apps.
- A good understanding of networking from WiFi channeling to routing and VLANs.
Additional but not essential:
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls
- Security vulnerability awareness
- A forward thinking mentality that knows just because that’s how its been done before, doesn’t mean it always has to be done that way
- Knowledge of Mimecast Email Protection.
Who you are
- You have excellent technical problem triage and solving skills, including identifying and addressing performance problems, system defects, hardware issues, etc.
- You are able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a complex environment with multiple teams
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to break down complex technical topics into common language understandable by non-technical / business-oriented audiences.
- You have excellent organisational skills, follow-through, and be responsible, proactive and detail-oriented.
- Proven interest in IT and actively seeking to extend skills and experience
We know our people are our superpower, so at ENGINE you can expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including free breakfast at the in-house cafe, gym discounts, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more!
At ENGINE we believe in a culture of inclusivity, we celebrate difference and believe that diversity makes our business more relevant, our work more meaningful and our people more empowered. We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all and we’re open to applications from all ethnicities, orientations, beliefs, gender identities + those with neurodiverse traits.
Find out more: https://www.enginegroup.com
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.