Director, DevOps & Quality
ENGINE Transformation (ET) creates, accelerates, designs and builds the future for our clients. We combine the creativity of an agency with the robustness of a consultancy and the technical agility of a start-up. Built on Research. Driven by Design. Fuelled by Data. Powered by Technology.
We Transform organisations through a world class research, design, data and technology culture, delivering better digital and multichannel experiences. We combine depth of expertise with a breadth of experience, working across both public and private sector to deliver tangible outcomes in partnership with our clients, built on a philosophy of transparency, collaboration and agility.
Our services include strategy & innovation, market & customer research, change & delivery, service design, data driven transformation and solutions, technology strategy and data and software engineering
We are proud to work for clients as diverse as Sky, Dominos, Santander, Holland & Barrett, BMW, Ministry of Justice, Department for International Trade, Defra and Home Office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Sydney & Melbourne.
We are a part of the ENGINE Group’s UK operations and form one of three business pillars, alongside our colleagues in Creative (advertising and marketing) and Communications (PR). In total, ENGINE UK has over 800 staff in our London and Manchester offices.
Find out more at: https://transformation.enginegroup.com/
As our technology practice has grown rapidly and due to the constant evolution of the DevOps space, we are looking to add a Director to lead our new DevOps and Quality Assurance practice. The role will be critical in building our team and working with peers across the organisation to evolve our perspective and join together with the wider technology area.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with detailed and complex technology but also has the leadership and commercial skills to help grow this area of our practice. You will be someone that is as comfortable setting up Kubernetes (for example) as well as explaining to clients why it is beneficial.
Knowledge of Configuration Management and Deployment tools like – Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform including understanding of use of repositories such as Azure DevOps, GitHub and Bitbucket. Experience of leading teams developing Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/ CD) and deploying infrastructure as code. Demonstrated experience in enterprise network technologies as well as experience working in a large database operations environment. Have significant experience in service management practices and processes within a continuous delivery environment.
Key responsibilities, include:
- Culture. Championing a DevOps and assurance culture across the organisation covering the delivery of client projects and also the adoption on internal projects and products.
- Advisory & Engagement. Working with our clients to drive adoption of Cloud, DevOps and systematic approaches to testing. Developing propositions, writing proposals, tender responses and supporting business development.
- Leadership. Coach and mentor the DevOps & QA team and also build a deeper understanding across the organisation. Help to develop thought leadership and develop curiosity in the team.
- Oversight. Ensure that delivery teams and embedded DevOps and QA are aligned to the needs of the client but also follow best practice and align to our approach to these areas.
- Development & Growth. We have a very nascent team, and a big part of the role will be to grow the team building capacity, capability and establish Ways of Working.
- Go to Market. Work closely with the marketing team to develop thought pieces, look for opportunities for new business growth.
- Partnerships. Explore opportunities to partner with organisations to support the growth of the business and also to provide accreditation giving customers assurance of our capabilities.
- Outreach & Contribution. Get involved in the wider DevOps community and participate and organise in Meet Ups, also look at opportunities to support Opensource projects.
We are technology agnostic but primarily cloud based and skew heavily towards open source. To give a flavour, here are some technology stacks from recent projects:
- AWS, Serverless, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, S3, Auth0, CircleCI, Drone.io, GitFlow
- Java, Kotlin, Scala, Ruby, Python, Node, React/React Native, Angular
- Spring, Django, Play, Rails, Sinatra, Express, Meteor, Expo
We like people who are:
- Enthusiastic about what they do, and a delight to work with
- Motivated and full of ideas
- Data and technology fanatics, who can show an interest in and understanding of recent trends and the benefits they could bring
- Passionate about working within data, digital and technology and with the drive and determination to continually improve
- Able to build successful relationships to establish credibility
Our culture is built on:
- Being one team; we work for and with each other with respect and positive intent; when the going is tough, we support not blame each other
- We aim high and are ambitious; we bring the energy and positivity
- We are curious and embrace new ideas and different perspectives, generous with our time and with each other
- We are not afraid to fail, we learn from our failures, turning them into our future successes
- We deliver quality in everything we do; we are open and honest with each other and our clients
Our benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement, 28 days with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Day off (on or in the week of) your birthday
- Pension eligibility, up to 5% matched contributions
- Healthcare eligibility, private healthcare with Vitality, option to buy discounted family cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym discounts
- Regular social events/activities
- Life Insurance
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail.
To apply for this job email your details to Ferhat.Seferoglu@enginegroup.com.