About the company
Fenton is a London-based direct to consumer jewellery company. We create high quality modern heirlooms that will stand the test of time, keeping your love stories alive for generations to come. Our rings and bands are fully customisable on our website and each stone is ethically sourced, only in countries with highly regulated mining standards.
Our mission is to revolutionise the £5bn+ European fine jewellery and bridal market by providing a modern, customer-centric, ethical and luxurious alternative to current retailers. We want to build an inclusive company putting customers at the forefront. We strive to treat each customer as if they were our only one and are proud of our 200+ Trustpilot reviews, all at 5 stars!
We are looking to create a team that is diverse, digital-first and loves to take on new challenges at a fast pace!
The Role – Full Stack Developer
Fenton are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software developer with a background in implementing technical solutions within a business preferable. You will be working alongside the development team, operations team, and manufacturing team, to help automate, streamline, and unify different tools, systems, procedures, and processes with a software based solution. You will be able to quickly understand the pain points of each respective business function, and help provide an overarching solution with scalability in mind. Projects will range from spearheading the integration and set-up of an ERP to be used by the manufacturing and operations teams, all the way to helping to build and manage Shopify applications that update and manage product information and inventory.
You will write clean, testable, readable, and scalable code that will serve as the bedrock for many other business functions within Fenton to grow and thrive over the next few years. You will be adept at managing timelines and multiple different projects, as well as effectively communicating with relevant stakeholders. You will adopt a solutions based approach to your work and ultimately have the end user within the business in mind.
You should have:
- Full stack software development background
- Mid level experience (2 + years)
- Versed in databases and object-orientated programming languages (Node.js, Python, Java, Ruby, SQL). BI tools and Tableau are a plus.
- React or Vue.js experience is beneficial
- Experience working with software solutions across different business functions
- Technical solutions / software systems focus
- STEM undergraduate or graduate degree (suitable industry experience can also be fine)
- Strong communication skills
- Good project management skills – Agile etc
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- A strong interest for start-ups and a willingness to work in a scrappy, iterative environment to make things happen
- UK work authorisation is required
Bonus points for the following:
- Shopify or other e-commerce CMS experience
- Liquid and Ruby On Rails experience
- Jewellery/luxury good exposure
- Working in a fast growing and exciting start-up with plenty of opportunities to learn, develop, and grow both personally and professionally
- A competitive annual salary
- Private health insurance – mandatory pension contributions
- A modern office space in Bond Street with a great culture
- Company drinks, activities, and outings
- Flexible working environment with potential for some remote work (aim for 2 days/week once restrictions are lifted, depending on projects and business needs)
- Free office snacks (both healthy and indulgent options!)
- A social, intelligent, and highly driven team supporting you
Fenton do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will not be accepting applications via recruitment agencies, all applications must be direct.