Our Mission is to Mainstream Mental Fitness – and we’re doing it
Fika is on a mission to create a better you, better team culture and better places to work. We tackle the team behaviours that can contribute to mental health decline in the workplace and normalise the idea of training our individual and collective mental fitness. Our training platform closes the gap between where you work and how you train. Leading to teams that are better connected, more trusting and supportive of each other – especially important for teams adapting to hybrid work.
The successful candidate will be joining a small and committed team of agile engineers who care about delivering high quality products.
The business is scaling up which means there are lots of exciting opportunities for growth and technical ownership. We are ideally looking for someone who has experience scaling architecture.
As a key part of the engineering team, you will work closely with other engineers, product, design and client facing members of the team. Joining the Fika team brings you into a company culture which thrives on passion, transparency and optimism. You will interact regularly with all, including the Founders, to enable the evolution and the scaling of the Fika SaaS and mobile platform.
We can promise:
🏡 Flexible and remote-first (UK only), with options to access co-working spaces in your area and meet up with other team members
🔋 Recharge Fridays Every fortnight we have a recharge Friday to use however you choose – to get some focus work done or to take a day for yourself!
🗣 Free use of the full Fika platform to improve your own mental fitness and free access for friends and family
💰Opportunities for stock options
🎉 We meet up in person to celebrate the quarter and plan ahead for the next one
🌴 A generous holiday policy so you can take the time you need
💻 MacBook and a budget for your home office equipment
- Working with the Head of Engineering, Product and Design to make good tech choices to support product growth
- Code quality; responsible for creation of integration and e2e tests to ensure production quality
- Assessing feasibility and providing estimates on different candidate solutions at a micro and macro level
- Contributions to an Agile team, and working practices in order to maximise outcomes and ensure scalable velocity
- A passion for psychology and mental fitness
- A-can do attitude and positive team player, we are a team of doers.
- Good working knowledge of our tech stack, including; React Native, React, Redux, Gatsby, Next, Firebase, Google Cloud Platform, git, ci
- Great interpersonal skills
- Understanding of no-SQL database design
- Experience with working with a big three cloud platform
- Enjoy working closely with others as part of a close-knit team.
Please note you mus have full eligibility to work in the UK in order to be considered for the role
Did you know women are significantly less likely to apply for roles if they don’t meet all the criteria? Please feel free to put in an application, even if you don’t feel you tick every single box.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.