Based in: London
Reports to: Global Head of Project Delivery
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Perm
Genesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We’ve just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we’re recruiting now for Java Developers. Interested? Read on to find out more.
What are we looking for
We are looking for developers/engineers to grow and maintain our high-performance micro services framework.
Our framework provides building blocks to other developers and BAs, to rapidly create performant applications. The role is very varied and covers all aspects of technology with a focus on parallel processing, speed, reliability, scalability, and distributed processing.
How you’ll play your part
- Design, implementation, test and maintenance of the genesis solutions and tools
- Work closely with application developers, UI/UX developers and Web engineers in an iterative process
- Have a good knowledge of our business, services and our customers’ needs
- Set project milestones and be responsible for keeping track of the progress
- Deliver software releases on time and with the expected capabilities and quality
- Be involved in the full life cycle of software development
- Have ownership in delivering, improving and maintaining the genesis core microservices platform
- Work on a mixed Kotlin/Java code base, most active development is in Kotlin
Some of the technologies we use
- Kotlin, Java 11
- NoSQL and SQL databases
The experience you’ll bring
- Interest or previous experience in Agile Software Development practices (TDD, BDD, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience with Java 8+
- Interest in financial systems
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about technology and learning
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership
Good to haves
- Computer Science or related degree e.g. Engineering or Maths
- Experience with Kotlin, Groovy or other JVM languages
- Experience with NoSQL (e.g. MongoDb, Aerospike, etc) or SQL databases (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, Postgres)
- Experience with reactive programming paradigm (RxJava/ Kotlin Flow)
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons
What a role with Genesis offers
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Plan
- Company Bonus Plan
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your CV.
Genesis – Code Less, Do More
We are technology pioneers with a clear purpose of being the Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP) for financial markets – changing IT delivery across the entire industry. We work faster, harder and smarter than the competition so that we can solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges to deliver innovation and digital transformation.
We value every one of our employees and everyone in the company makes a difference. The diversity of our people makes us who we are and we work hard to make everyone feel included, no matter your background. Come join and be part of the Genesis family of pioneers and lets Code Less and Do More!
To apply for this job please visit cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it.