Website Government Digital Service
This role can be based from Bristol, London or Manchester. The role will close on 21st November 2021 at 23:55.
Government Digital Service
At the Government Digital Service (GDS), our mission is to build a simple, joined-up and personalised experience of government for everyone. Using our unique position at the centre of government, we develop services that work for the user, however complex the underlying systems may be. We believe that ensuring things work for end users is the only way to realise the efficiencies that come with digital transformation.
Our focus is on delivering five missions in the following areas:
1. GOV.UK as the single and trusted online destination for government information and services
2. Joined-up services that solve whole problems and span multiple departments
3. A simple digital identity solution that works for everyone
4. Common tools and expert services
5. Joined-up data across departments
You can read more about these missions and our vision for the transformation of government in our 2021-2024 strategy
The Central Digital and Data Office (CDDO)
The leader of the Digital, Data and Technology profession across government – it sets the aspiration and strategy for digitisation, builds capability so that government is equipped with the skills needed to succeed in the digital era, and designs and implements standards so systems and services are designed and delivered in the right way.
Our work in CDDO is user-focused, dynamic and forward-looking, making our organisation an exciting and innovative place to work.
You’ll be working in a growing cross-functional team. You’ll also be working with stakeholders both internal and across government to understand needs and to deliver new capability.
You’ll be core to making decisions that build a high performing team, adept at breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
As a Senior Delivery Manager, you’ll:
- Lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplinary teams, helping them organise and plan their work, ensuring they deliver products and services that actually meet users’ needs
- Co-create and co-own plans and progress using recognised lean/agile practices, and communicate status to more senior people and users appropriately
We’re interested in people with experience of:
- using agile practices to ensure the iterative and timely delivery of products and services that serve real user needs
- facilitating effective workshops which give a voice to all participants and provide concrete outputs that enable delivery
How to apply
In order to be considered for this role please ensure that you demonstrate all of the essential skills listed in the ‘who you are’ section on the GDS Careers website, with examples from your own experience, in your cover letter.
Roles will be recruited using a combination of Digital, Data and Technology Capability and Success Profiles Frameworks. We will assess your Experience, Technical Skills, and Behaviours during the selection process.
The selection process as a standard for all of our roles consists of:
- An application screen process
- An interview
- 5 minute presentation during the interview
To apply for this job please visit gdscareers.tal.net.