Website Government Digital Service
At the Government Digital Service (GDS), our mission is to build a simple, joined-up and personalised experience of government for everyone. Using our unique position at the centre of government, we develop services that work for the user, however complex the underlying systems may be. We believe that ensuring things work for end users is the only way to realise the efficiencies that come with digital transformation.
Our focus is on delivering five missions in the following areas:
1. GOV.UK as the single and trusted online destination for government information and services
2. Joined-up services that solve whole problems and span multiple departments
3. A simple digital identity solution that works for everyone
4. Common tools and expert services
5. Joined-up data across departments
You can read more about these missions and our vision for the transformation of government in our 2021-2024 strategy
As a Senior Product Manager you’ll define, explain and iterate a product vision that is compelling to your users, team and stakeholders. You’ll plan the work for multi-disciplinary teams helping to make people’s interactions with government simpler, clearer and faster. You’ll be responsible for the development of part of GOV.UK, in line with the GOV.UK roadmap.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who wants to make a difference by delivering simpler, clearer and faster public services that meet user needs.
As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll:
- be responsible for supporting one of GOV.UK’s strategic objectives, ensuring that all product teams involved are prioritising and delivering to achieve that goal
- lead one or more multi-disciplinary teams to deliver products and continuously improve them through all stages of the product lifecycle
We are looking for experienced product managers who can lead teams through the product lifecycle to run, support and continuously improve products of significant scale and complexity.
You’ll be someone who has a track-record of leading successful product delivery teams in agile environments. Someone who takes pride in representing users and makes evidence-based decisions about priorities.
You are guided by the fundamental principles of putting user needs first, focusing on delivery and outcomes over process, and being open and collaborative.
We’re interested in people with experience of:
- shipping and evolving great digital products by working with a variety of disciplines involved in agile delivery, including engineering, design, content, data analysis and user research
- defining and communicating product vision, creating and managing product roadmaps and making prioritisation decisions based on evidence
To apply for this job please visit gdscareers.tal.net.