Fashion-Tech, London & Surrounding areas
About my client:
Have you ever been on a clothing shopping platform and could not decide what to buy?
Well, my client is on the mission to help you decide.
They are building the definitive fashion shopping app and have the ambitious plans to create a unique content offering for all fashion lovers!
A great opportunity should you be looking to work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project.
About the Role:
As a member of the checkout team you’ll be working on the backend of the checkout processing pipeline, working with payments providers and retailer integrations.
- Senior Engineer (Checkout Core): The team is responsible for building the new checkout system, APIs designing models for new features being used by the iOS and Android Apps and the website to ensure the development of their new Marketplace.
- Lead Engineer (Checkout Integration): work closely with the current engineers, designers, growth and product managers to develop new product features and help us execute our product strategy. The team is responsible for optimizing the order success rate with our retailers’ integrations to ensure the development of their new Marketplace. The role will be to drive technical improvements and innovations to the system through partnering with your product manager and tech leadership. The role also requires hands-on development and line management of engineers.
- Work with the checkout team to add features to the checkout process and maintain the checkout experience of the site.
- Build new integrations with an increasing number of retailers and platforms
- Documenting and being accountable for the stability of the system
- Integration with other APIs and services internal and external.
- Collaborating with product managers, engineers, QA and designers.
- Scaling, improving and maintaining the integrated checkout system for processing orders from their customers.
- Understanding the technical architecture of the checkout ecosystem
- Understanding business requirements to improve monitoring.
- They are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS.
- Writing unit and integration tests.
In addition to these:
- Work on designing and implementing API features for checkout
- Solve integration issues with retailers and focus on increasing the order success rate.
- Lead and line-manage engineers.
- Support the technical product manager to collaborate with technical stakeholders at retailers’, e-commerce platforms’ and payment platforms’.
- Proven experience with Django/Python and web fundamentals.
- Communication: You can communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You can explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans.
- You can design the solution to a complex problem.
- Quality – You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production.
- You are not afraid to refactor existing code in favour of working around shortcomings.
- A thorough knowledge of automated testing, particularly unit testing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines i.e. Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
What do they offer:
- You get 29 days’ time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- As a fashion company they give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality.
- Conferences and events. They big on learning, so all employees are allocated an individual training & development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.