Fashion-Tech, London & Surrounding areas
About my client:
They are the definitive fashion shopping website and app, used by over 150M shoppers a year to discover and buy fashion. More than 8.5M products from over 12,000 brands and stores can be accessed through their website and app, offering shoppers convenience and unparalleled choice.
This is a great opportunity should you be looking to work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project.
About the Role:
- Senior Engineer (Commercial Data): You will help build microservices and pipelines that process and serve all the data relating to their partners, fashion brands and other commercial agreements. You will have the opportunity for impact by building and maintaining some of the core services.
- Lead Engineer (Core Data): you will help build microservices and pipelines that process and serve all the data relating to their users, admin tools, experiment frameworks and other core services that are used across the company. You will have the opportunity for impact by leading the team that builds and maintains some of the core services.
- Microservices: Maintaining and extending multiple microservices to ensure the data needed to power the website and app are gathered and served in a timely and scalable manner
- Data pipelines: Ensuring all relevant data is correctly stored in their data lake, and transforming the data into forms suitable for consumption by other teams
- Admin tools: Creating tools to allow manual updates and curation of the data
- Analytics, Reporting and Monitoring: Creating reports and dashboards to monitor the health of both their data and their systems
- Mentoring: Helping more junior engineers grow technically in their roles
- They work mainly in Python, running on a range of AWS technologies such as S3, ECS, SQS, Glue, and Postgres RDS, along with non-AWS tools such as Snowflake, CircleCI, Docker and Github
- We have high engineering standards and practice comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across all engineering teams
- Prioritisation: Ensuring the team is working on the most impactful project at the correct time (Lead position)
- Communication: You can communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team
- Commitment to quality: You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production
- Motivation: You understand and are motivated by the challenge of building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience with data processing in the cloud: You have experience working with large amounts of remotely hosted data and developing tools and infrastructure needed to process this
- You will also be experienced using traditional relational databases (e.g. Postgres) and have good intuition for how to write efficient SQL queries
- You will have excellent Python knowledge and experience and be up to date on best Python practices
- Bonus: You have experience using PySpark/Spark
What do they offer:
- You get 29 days’ time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- As a fashion company they give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality.
- Conferences and events. They big on learning, so all employees are allocated an individual training & development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.