Senior Data Engineer
London | Remote (GMT+2)
About my client
My client is one of the largest direct-to-consumer (D-2-C) retail companies in Europe and seen 100% growth year-on-year. Having recently just secured a series of funding (and being extremely fortunate to maintain growth during Covid-19), they are continuing their efforts to increase their team. They are also listed in the Sunday Times’ “Top 100 small companies to work for 2020”.
As a retail/ e-commerce business supplying millions of customers, they receive thousands of transactions and have a large dataset which is being used to train machine learning models. The data is stored in a data warehouse that is built on Snowflake and use AWS technologies to deploy their models.
About the Role
This role will see you being the first Data Engineer within the Data Science team, who are currently a team of 6. You will also collaborate closely with product managers, back-end engineers, business intelligence and the operations teams.
- Use your skills to optimise current data flows and design and implement new ones.
- Responsible for developing and documenting their data architecture.
- Advise the business on best practises for data collection o support future data science projects.
- Creating tests for validating data quality and the stability of the data platform whilst maintaining alerting systems to ensure smooth operation.
- Be excited about working in a fast-paced, start-up environment and be looking to make an impact all whilst progressing in your career.
Data Science Team
- Is focussed on building out a bespoke recommendation engine addressing their time sensitive product and other complexities.
- Driving their marketing and promotional strategies to balance supply and demand.
- Utilising machine learning to improve their end-to-end operational process.
- Exploring opportunities to build a “recommendation-as-a-service API”
- 4 years+ experience in data engineering
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Experience with Cloud data warehousing solutions
- Understanding of ETL and ELT processes
- Experience with large datasets, data pipelining and automation
- Ideal to have: E-commerce background, Snowflake experience, knowledge of AWS/ Azure/ GCP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.