Be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
Get on board with the fastest-growing cybersecurity company in the UK.
We’re a game-changing team building a game-changing platform
About Immersive Labs
Immersive Labs enables organizations to evidence their cyber capability, risk and resilience across technical and non-technical teams for the first time. Our platform gives you the ability to measure real-time cyber efficacy as it relates to cyber teams, developers, engineers and executives. All in one platform, kept up to date at the speed of cyber. We call this Cyber Workforce Optimization.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017, from a cargo container in Bristol, UK we’ve grown to over 300 employees globally and announced funding of more than £80 million. Our technology is already enabling organisations including KPMG, Sophos and the NHS to measure, map to risk, and optimise the human cyber abilities of their entire workforce.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We are putting together a team to develop a new product and need a bright and enthusiastic Lead Back-End Developer with significant knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RESTful APIs and object-oriented design.
This is an exciting opportunity to be responsible for developing a truly ground breaking product as you become a key influencer within our team, collaborating with our technical leadership to define and execute our long-term technical strategy, with the goal of creating a highly stable, secure, scalable and extensible platform.
If you want to have a large impact and contribute more than just your time, as at Immersive Labs, we value determination, ingenuity, collaboration and an understanding that unique products require unique technical solutions.
You will also get access to our Immersive Labs platform to help you develop your secure coding skills, and on top of this, you will have a personal technical skills budget to help you keep your skills sharp.
There will be plenty more opportunities to learn new skills and technologies as you’ll get to work in a friendly multi-disciplinary agile team and also work on innovative ideas one day a fortnight in our 10% time – which we call Trailblaze Time. This is a whole day once every 2 weeks to innovate and explore new tools and technologies.
Your main responsibilities (we’re scaling fast, so these may change as we grow):
You’ll get to immerse yourself in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS. We want to give you a place where you’ll learn from us and we’ll learn from you through getting involved in the following:
- Formulate technical solutions from product requirements in collaboration with others to create a first class platform
- Design, build and maintain an efficient, reusable and reliable codebase
- Coaching / mentoring and pairing with engineers and being an ambassador for Immersive Labs at external events and conferences
- Influencing the long-term technical strategy based on current and future needs
- Improving developer experience by reducing toil e.g. local development set up, CI/CD improvements, test suite optimisation etc.
- Maintaining good test coverage over all aspects of the codebase by performing unit tests and integration tests
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in back-end code, and devise solutions to these problems to minimise customer impact
- Be actively involved in all team ceremonies, 2-week sprints and retrospectives, working closely with product managers and other disciplines
Success in this role will depend most on your approach, underlying skills and potential for growth, even if some of the above would be new to you. You should apply if you have (we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role):
- Demonstrable and up-to-date knowledge with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, APIs (GraphQL or REST), and object-oriented design.
- Any experience with AWS or Kubernetes is an advantage
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system and create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- A strong ability to communicate complex technical problems to a wide range of audiences both written and verbal
- Experience designing and creating database schemas that represent and support complex business processes
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of Git and familiarity with CI setups
Immersive Labs’ growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here’s how they relate to this role:
Inclusive – we create an environment of psychological safety
Driven – we all have the same goal, to be a must have in every company’s defence against cyber attacks
Agile – we are a scaling organisation which means things change. Constantly.
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + 2 volunteering days and birthday half day
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
Find out more at https://careers.immersivelabs.com
Cyber threats wait for no one and neither should you. Apply now!
What you can expect once you apply:
Our talent acquisition team review all applications received which can take up to two weeks to complete
If successful, you will receive an invite from a Talent Acquisition Partner to a screening interview which takes around 30 minutes to discuss the role, culture at Immersive Labs and your expertise in more detail.
If you progress from this step there will be 2 interviews involving Engineering Managers and Principal Engineers. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will outline each step when you get there
If at any point you are unsuccessful we will advise you. From application we do this via email and due to volumes we can not respond individually to every applicant. From 1st Interview onward, we endevour to call you with feedback.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.