Website Lambda School
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda School is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda School has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is developing a new program focused on Java and we’re looking for an engaging instructor with Java expertise to deliver our new curriculum and support these learners.
What you’ll do:
- Teach daily live code-alongs via Zoom. Explain complex concepts with simplicity and ease by using real-life examples, practice exercises, analogies, and storytelling.
- Allocate time for proactive outreach for academic help on a weekly basis. Provide learner support in the form of office hours, live chat, and 1:1 sessions as needed.
- Provide and document curriculum feedback on a regular basis
- Report to Lambda School on learner progress and successes throughout the course.
- Develop teaching strategies to maintain high learner engagement.
- Demonstrate high empathy and ability to encourage learners who are struggling as well as provide additional challenges to the learners who are excelling.
- Collaborate cross-functionally.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ experience in teaching/training is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Expert level understanding of Java programming language: Java Version 11, Gradle, TestNG, AWS DynamoDB
- Process-oriented with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Extremely comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.