Website Lambda School
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda School is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda School has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
What you’ll do:
- We have day time programs for the students and currently looking for instructors to support the Daytime program hours of Monday through Thursday for our daytime program from 8:30 AM PST to 11:30 AM PST (11:30AM – 2:30PM EST)
- Provide academic support in the form of office hours and/or live chat
- Provide academic support to learners during PST evening hours in the form of office hours and/or live chat
- Allocate time for proactive outreach for academic help on a weekly basis
Days/times will vary and hours will be on average 10 hours per week but up to a maximum of 25 hours as needed.
- Provide and document curriculum feedback on a regular basis
- Report to Lambda on student progress and successes throughout the course
- Review quantitative and qualitative feedback given to students
- Collaborate cross-functionally as needed
What you’ll need:
- If your highest level of education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in a Data Science role. If your highest level of education is High School or a GED (proof required), you are to have 5+ year of working experience in a software developer role.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a novice; strong empathy for learners
- Process-oriented with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Extremely comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Strong Python programming skills, and experience with the Python Data Science ecosystem (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Strong subject matter expertise in Data Science – being broadly aware of practices, and knowing at least a few subtopics in depth
- Takes initiative and proactively solves problems
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.