Website Lloyds Banking Group
As our team Product Owner, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a particular Team’s product, creating an environment in which people can bring out the best in themselves and ensure they feel safe to experiment.
The team is based in Edinburgh, and post Covid we would expect candidates to be able to travel to the office ideally two days per week. We’re happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work from flexible start finish times to compressed hours!
About Lloyds Banking Group
We’re on a journey to build the bank of the future, redefining what bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team, and you’ll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows.
We’re the Protection Lab/team and together we’re continuing our journey to create an excellent experience for our customers through our value streams. Our lab aims to push boundaries to transform the business in delivering high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes for customers across the Protection offering. In the last 18 months we have continued to maintain our existing proposition while building a new cloud based strategic architecture to enable our strategic growth.
We have launched our first D2C mobile based product and continue to evolve and optimise this. We’re now focusing on relaunching our IFA proposition – enhancing the journey and experience while moving to this new platform. We’re recruiting for a team product owner to support this IFA ambition at a very exciting time to support the delivery of our large programme.
Core Purpose of the role
As our team Product Owner, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of a particular Team’s product, creating an environment in which people can bring out the best in themselves and ensure they feel safe to experiment. You’ll focus on collaboration to facilitate the success of others bringing energy and passion to inspire the team, enabling us to build an extraordinary customer experience; stimulate innovation through continuous culture of experimentation and test & learn, working closely with our design and research team and maximize value and deliver on our strategic vision for Protection.
Your decisions will drive the realisation of our vision, positively impacting our customers, teams, and culture in the UK’s largest Digital Bank.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll inspire your team with energy and passion
- You’ll be able to think ‘big’ but value incremental improvements
- You’ll bring a focus on collaboration, to facilitate the success of others
The essential skills we’re looking for:
- Significant experience as a Product Owner and financial services experience background
- Proven delivery with Intermediary Financial Services Partners and Distributors
- Strong experience managing (internal/external) relationships with business stakeholders
- Strong understanding and experience working within agile teams alongside scrum master, playing a key role in sprint reviews, planning other agile methodologies practices
We’re looking for you to influence without authority, trusting and empowering the team with responsibility; a data driven individual that can bring evidence-based decision-making to explain ‘why’ and ability to craft a product vision and define work to be done.
Desirable the following skills and experience, but not essential:
- Experience working with technical and cross-functional teams to deliver change
- An ability to influence alignment up and down the organisation and explain prioritisation decisions
- Experience of building a great team environment that attracts and retains talent
- You’ll understand what it means to be a role model to support the Learning culture we want to build
Together we’ll make it possible… Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
We’ll provide you with a diverse, energising, and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and supports career progression. We’ll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a positive difference to the overall teams’ mission. We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
So, what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity. You’ll also receive a competitive package that includes:
- Base salary £59, 040 to £73, 800
- 4% Flexible Benefit of base salary (which you can simply take the cash-sum with salary)
- Discretionary variable bonus up to 40%
- Up to 15% Employer Pension contribution
- 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holiday, Private Medical Insurance and access to Share plans
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.