Website Lloyds Banking Group
We’re the Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) Value Stream and our vision is to promote social well-being for our customers by enabling them to make and receive payments and protect them from fraud and financial crime. We do this by supporting business areas in processing compliant, fast, secure, and flexible transaction management services and real time payments, and addressing rising threats from social engineering by implementing new and improved ways to meet our customer’s needs.
As the Bank moves to building out a strategic roadmap, both from an application infrastructure and tooling, our team is embracing this and building capability to enable this transformation. The SWIFT Team is a multi-mode (agile/ DevOps/Waterfall) delivery team, supporting Category A services in Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime.
About the role
We’re looking to recruit a Software Engineer in Test/Quality Engineer to join our SWIFT team, within our value stream, working in a highly proficient and productive engineering team instilled with a team ethos of testing and delivering high quality solutions for our colleagues and customers. You’ll be taking on a quality engineering role, supporting the development, and testing of a highly effective and critical payments gateway.
We believe that people don’t fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone’s individual skills, experience, and knowledge — it’s what makes you incredible!
Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
- Work in an agile team with colleagues from different fields, not the least software engineers and business analysts to plan and implement highly effective testing to ensure excellent delivery quality to customers.
- Excitingly you can exercise your “T-Shape” capabilities to develop and further improve the expansion of the Test Automation framework to not only deliver quality testing but in a rapid execution timeline.
- Be part of an encouraging Quality Engineering community to learn and grow individually but also working with others to help the community.
- Collaborative working with the Scrum Master, Product Owner, engineers, and business analysts building the feature team capability.
What we need from you:
- You’ll be experienced in Quality Engineering, with knowledge on the SWIFT payments and/or automation payment tools.
- Java experience – both technical and practical usage.
- You’ll have a consistent track record in building, crafting automation processes and execution through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles.
- Manual and automated testing, functional and non-functional coverage as well as documentation and defect management.
- Experienced with SAG and GTX application or experience with testing and integration.
We’d also welcome the following desirable skills:
- Experience in any of the following: Jenkins, BDD Cucumber, Jira/Confluence.
- Experience with introduction of 3rd Party packages/tools.
- A passion for mentoring other less experienced colleagues.
- Strong team spirit and taking ownership and responsibility.
- Experience of agile, DevOps and non-agile quality engineering practices.
Together we’ll make it possible…
We promote an inclusive and encouraging culture – it’s one of the many things our colleagues love about working with us! We’re keen to support all our colleagues in finding new opportunities. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
Our team works a hybrid working pattern, and we may meet in office monthly flexibility to work from home the remainder of the time.
You’ll also receive a package that includes base salary: £33, 993 – £44, 130; a 4% flex benefit cash pot to spend (or take as cash), a discretionary variable performance bonus up to 20%, a generous 15% employer pension contribution, 28 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, private health cover, access to share schemes and staff discounts.
About Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy and have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
Are you interested in joining our team? Apply today.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.