Website Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Recover and Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, our technology and our mind-set are continuing to develop, crafting a truly engineering-led organisation.
What are we looking for?
Our Customer Technology Journeys is looking for a dynamic Engineer who has the potential to understand what a modern workplace solution looks like, is motivated by challenging the status quo, and has experience of helping to deliver positive change into an organisation.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team redefining our ways of working and the technology we do that with!
Want to hear more?
We’re at the forefront of promoting technical change with the colleague experience and acting as facilitators of technical change to the Group (while adhering to strategic direction and governance).
Our current areas of influence and interest are:
- Collaboration & Unified Communications (Voice, Video, Documents, IM/Chat)
- Future of Work e.g. hybrid/flexible working and enabling technologies
- Knowledge Management
- Office Engineering (Microsoft 365 & E5)
- Process Optimisation
The Technical Consultancy & Solutions Function in the CTJ team is responsible for creating relationships with internal customers and colleagues in the Group Technology Teams and the business, whilst representing the Engineering Centres of Excellence. We support all technical aspects of a solution as required; such as Solutioning, Architecture, Security, Infrastructure, Cost/Benefits Estimation, Risk and Data Classification. This is achieved by collaborating with Engineers and Architecture & Strategy to keep aligned with roadmaps and LBG Strategy.
What will you be doing?
As one of our Engineers, employing your knowledge/skills to help instigate and design innovative solutions for the whole of LBG, you’ll be able to operate in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work across different technologies, projects, and teams simultaneously. Have an analytical approach that is underpinned by curiosity and demonstrable potential.
- Understanding of IT Architecture (Data/Application/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge of modern security techniques in Data, Applications, & Network
- Experience of the Cloud (e.g. Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience of M365 application suite
- Technical Analysis and Design
- Technical Risk Management
What about your personal skills?
Are you a self-starter who collaborates with colleagues to challenge conventional approaches? Great- we’re looking for an individual who can share ideas will all levels of colleagues, is a keen problem solver, and insatiably curious about new technologies. In return, we’ll keep developing your capabilities, as part of your role will be defining the future.
- Experience in enterprise systems design
- Design/Security/Risk Governance experience
- Cloud Platform Fundamentals (Azure/GCP/AWS)
- Technical Cost Estimation
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
As an equal opportunity employer we deeply value diversity within our organisation.
What can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity. We offer a package that includes:
- Pension, where we’ll give up to a max of 15%
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays (buy or sell days under a flexible package)
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits, or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Share plans
- Discretionary bonus
- We’ll support you to develop your skills as technologies emerge and as assignments require
So, if you have the knowledge we’re seeking then please get in touch; we’d love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.