Website Lloyds Banking Group
We’re building the bank of the future and developing the next generation of digital banking solutions securely.
The Chief Resilience and Security Office (CRSO) plays a vital role in delivering Lloyds Banking Group’s vision of putting customers at the heart of everything we do, helping Britain prosper, and protecting the Group and its customers and suppliers from security threats. We define and communicate the Group’s security strategy, providing dedicated support and constructive challenge to ensure the delivery of an effective security risk management framework.
What you’ll be doing…
This is a specialist role requiring a deep understanding of operational resilience and cloud technology with strong leadership capabilities. The role will include working to enable our adoption of new technologies and its transition to cloud while identifying risks; challenging and supporting engineering teams to deliver controls and handle risks and engaging in dialogue with regulators and cloud service providers.
This role will require influencing and deputising for senior colleagues and contributing to broad strategic planning and business decision-making by providing insight, control and thought leadership.
To stand out in this role, you’ll fully understand operational resilience within financial services and be experienced in engaging with the regulators and senior executives. You’ll enjoy leading dynamic change and will bring your own ideas on how best to do this!
What we’re looking for…
- Leadership level operational resilience subject matter expertise (including cloud operational resilience) gained within a Banking or Financial Services environment
- Confident working across technologies with technologists with the ability to act as an intermediary and bring technology resilience challenges to life (and vice-versa).
- Ability to champion resilience by design (including security by design, exit by design and portability) and implement this change into labs, engineering teams, design patterns and architecture.
- Works collaboratively across the organisation and externally.
- Understands the range of cloud technologies and architecture principles, with an ability to articulate resilience requirements and desired control outcomes.
- Broad knowledge of operational resilience risks within emerging technology. This includes understanding the use of artificial intelligence and defining the requirements to mitigate risks.
Further key capabilities include:
- Strong ability to prepare, analyse, review, brief and present a range of reports and papers as appropriate. Ensuring materials are prepared to a high standard and that key messages land clearly and concisely.
- Leading technology driven reviews to identify improvements in control requirements to ensure operational resilience and recovery is maintained
- Ability to identify operational resilience risks from new technologies and to craft and define strategies, policies and frameworks across the Group to mitigate these
- Validated understanding of the wider operational resilience landscape, including knowledge of industry developments and regulation.
- Ability to understand sophisticated issues quickly and act accordingly.
What else are we seeking?
Positive relationships with a broad network with operational resilience peers across the industry.
Professional qualifications that demonstrate capability in one of the operational resilience proficiencies (such as CBCI). Relevant cloud architecture or engineering qualifications would also be preferable.
So, if you have the skills we’re seeking and you’re looking for your next step, we’d love to hear from you
Together we make it possible
The salary advertised is for London, if you’re applying to work in one of our regional hubs the weighting will vary
In return, you’ll learn new skills, technologies, and approaches to cyber threat intelligence. As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and reach to give you a diverse range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop and to help you achieve a rewarding and fulﬁlling career!
You’ll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
We’re committed to building a workforce which reﬂects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference.
So, if joining us at a critical and exciting time appeals and this role sounds like it could be for you, click apply below!
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.