Website Lloyds Banking Group
London based – We are happy with home working the majority of the time, however you will need to be in office at least 1-2 days per week under your own cost.
Salary & Benefits:
£81,928 to £153,615 per annum (location dependent), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices flexibility to suit your lifestyle and ensure a good work-life balance.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group and where does this role sit?
Technology is at the heart of our business and architecture is at the heart of technology leadership – it is an integral part of our corporate strategy. As we go through this business and IT transformation, we need to be innovative, creative, and forward thinking. Our goal is to ensure our services are based on modern, scalable, and resilient technologies that deliver value to both our customers and our business. Our culture brings together hardworking, driven people from a diverse set of backgrounds – people at the core of who we are.
This role is part of Onboarding and Customer Communications and will give you the opportunity to work in a fun dynamic team who are at the forefront of leading the way for customers & colleagues in transforming & digitising the Lloyds Banking Group Retail Bank across mobile, branch, telephony and internet banking. Working in a strong collaborative way to drive efforts to create, build, support and improve our end-to-end architecture across our channel development portfolio, also working closely with the product and engineering teams with lots of exciting new challenges. You will be a core contributor to ensure good quality and engineering practices are followed in accordance with the engineering transformation strategy and report to the Lab Engineering Lead.
What will I focus on in this role?
Passionate, inspiring and customer-centric, the Lab in which this iOS Engineering role sits is responsible for driving and executing the strategy for how the Bank engages with it’s customers in an evolving digital world. We are building capabilities to personalise our digital experiences, unlocking our rich customer and behavioural data to deliver individual experiences when customers interact with our apps and websites.
Specific activities which you’ll be responsible for include things like;
- Working with the Strategy and UX/UI Design teams as well as customer organizations to architect, design, and implement solutions.
- Contributing to the technical leadership team’s work of driving the technology and future of the platform.
- Explore up-and-coming technologies and software products; seize learning and knowledge-sharing opportunities.
- Support the team by providing advice, mentoring, and educational opportunities
What do we need to see from applicants?
- Practical Swift 5 experience with focus on native unit and UI testing
- You have a solid understanding of designing adaptive UIs using storyboard and auto layout
- Strong knowledge of Apple UI design principles, interface guidelines, patterns, and best practices
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool Git
- Understanding of basic App architectures (i.e. MVVM)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Hands-on experience of continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Mentoring/educating junior (or less experienced) developers
- Familiar with Agile principles and methodologies and usage of related tools – JIRA and Confluence
What else would be handy? (but please apply if you have the above)
- Creating and managing frameworks in a modular codebase
- Knowledge of unit testing using Quick/Nimble
- Experience of reviewing other developers’ code
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. ruby
- PromiseKit, Jenkins, Fastlane
What can I expect in Return?
We’re dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential!
As a new colleague to the team, you’ll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We’re committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and equal opportunity and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Together we’ll make it possible!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.