Website Lloyds Banking Group
We’re on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We’re continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team, and you’ll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and Scottish Widows. We need people who can make this transformation a reality.
Do you want to help millions of people and protect them from falling victim to fraudulent activity? Are you someone who wants to have some fun while making a difference? Well, come join us as a Java Engineer, as we stand side by side in the fight against fraud.
Lloyds Bank are on a mission to help Britain Prosper, and we need your help in achieving our goals. We are revolutionising our technology, empowering our engineers and rapidly transforming our agile working methods. Come. Join us. Be part of building the Bank of the Future!
We are looking for a senior Java Engineer who can take a leading role in the design and delivery of our Springboot Microservices. You will work closely with our Product Owners and Business Analysts to create the best outcomes for our £30 million customers. You will be empowered to design the solutions that face into the constantly evolving needs of our customers and collaborate with others to make them a reality.
- To be the technical specialist embedded in one of our fraud prevention feature teams
- Collaborate with our Product Owners and Business Analysts to build solutions that help our customers
- Work alongside other highly skilled engineers to develop efficient services
- Support, mentor and coach junior engineers to be the best version of themselves
- Strong Java development capabilities at enterprise scale
- Extensive experience with Springboot and microservice ecosystems
- Experience working with Kafka messaging and event based processing
- A clear and eloquent communication style that decodes technical terms into a business language
- Understanding of agile methodologies and Continuous Integration strategies
- Ability to implement test automation
- Understanding of dev-sec-ops and pipeline automation with Jenkins
We’ll offer a comprehensive package that includes:
- A performance-related bonus of up to 30%
- A 4% “flex” cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Car/car allowance, colleague products and discounts
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical benefit, share schemes and generous pension contribution
Tempted to apply but something holding you back?
We ensure our workforce represents every corner of society, and we celebrate diversity.
We further ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to join the application process.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.