Website Lloyds Banking Group
Job Description Summary
We’re on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help! As a Senior Android Engineer (mobile engineer) you’ll contribute to the technical leadership team’s work of driving the technology and future of the platform.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We’re continuing our extensive transformation Programme, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team where you’ll impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows.
We’re committed to Help Britain Prosper and become the best bank for customers. As part of this, we’re redefining our digital capability, providing customers with simpler, continuous interactions across online, mobile and branches. Our digital platforms (public website, mobile & tablet app, and internet banking website) are where the majority of customer and colleague interactions with the bank take place. They are becoming increasingly sophisticated with the introduction of public API’s, growing numbers of devices to access them from and evolving operating systems.
We’re passionate about our shared passion for delivering new features for customers across our brands in the mobile space. The Retail Lab mobile teams are part of the Retail Transformation directorate and are fully agile teams that strive for excellence. Joining our team, you’ll have opportunities to participate in internal Hackathons, coding challenges and bi-weekly platform meetings and be a member of a great engineering community passionate about sharing knowledge and learning.
What minimum background experience and skills we’re looking for:
A self- motivated Senior Android Engineer proficient in Android mobile development. You have technical know-how from crafting, developing, and producing mobile components and services, stakeholder management working closely with strategy and UX/UI Design teams to architect, design and implement solutions and you love mentoring and educating less experienced developers.
What we need from you:
- Professional working knowledge in designing a mobile experience for variable screen sizes in variable versions of Android
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Awesome knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks and benchmarking and optimisation
- Proficient in Google’s Android design principles, interface guidelines and code versioning tools, such as Git
- We’re looking for hands-on experience of continuous delivery across areas such as code reviewing; understanding of basic App architectures (i.e. MVP) and you’ll be confident with best practices libraries (Dagger2, RxAndroid, Retrofit, Butterknife).
- It would also be great if you had:
- Cloud message APIs and push notifications
- MVVM architecture, Android Architecture Components
What you’ll get from the role
You’ll be working with like-minded team members, and you’ll also be able to grow your own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities. Did you know we offer agile working patters from working 1-2 days per week from home, full-time, part-time, job share or flexible work schedules, for example start and finish times, or compressed hours!
You’ll also receive a package that includes
- Base Salary: £57,861- £98,423 (dependent on experience)
- Variable discretionary performance bonus up to 30%
- A generous employer pension contribution to 15%
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes and staff discounts
So, if you have the skills, background and outlook we’re seeking and this opportunity appeals then get in touch. Together we make it possible!
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform crucial job functions.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.