Website Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking group is changing. We’re building the bank of the future, and we need your help. We’re continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out.
Consumer Servicing will give you the opportunity to work in a fun dynamic team who are at the forefront of leading the way for customers and colleagues in transforming and digitising the Lloyds Banking Group Retail Bank across mobile, branch, telephony, and internet banking. As our customers think differently now, they expect us to think differently too. Join us and help make this happen.
Core purpose of the role
A great opportunity has arisen within our Consumer Servicing Value Stream for an experienced Software Engineer. We’re looking for someone who is confident, highly motivated and with a passion for working with people, working in a strong collaborative way to drive efforts to create, build, support and improve our backend software, also working closely with the product and engineering teams with lots of exciting new challenges. You’ll be a core contributor to ensure good quality and engineering practices are followed in accordance with our engineering transformation strategy.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
- Building efficient and reusable back-end systems and abstractions
- Finding and addressing performance issues
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Identifying general improvements and implement backend best practices
- Collaborating with the product/design team to iterate the design function and implement the products
- Collaborating with Backend and DevOps Engineers to build features and experiments
- Fostering the test and learn approach
- Accountable for ensuring all decisions are made within a sound risk framework and within Group standards and risk appetite
You’ll have ideally a background in Back End Engineering and you’ll need to be able to display the following qualities:
- A can-do attitude
- Capability of bootstrapping projects
- Ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary
- Internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle
What are we looking for?
- Strong experience in Spring, Spring IOC/DI
- Experience of building Microservices
- Strong understanding of Rest Services
- Strong understanding of Core java
- Experience using Git
- Experience of TTD
- Exposure to SOAP
- Hibernate ORM experience
- Exposure to Maven
- Exposure to at least one of Liberty, Tomcat or Jetty Containers
- Exposure to open-source technologies and frameworks
- Basic SQL and Database knowledge, basic knowledge of XML and JSON
- Exposure to a cloud provider e.g., GCP/AWS/Azure
Desirable skills and background experience:
- Agile scrum methodology
- Preferable experience with Jira & Confluence
- Preferable experience with Python and Big Data technologies including ML
- Preferable experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Exposure to DevOps practices
- Experience of Jenkins
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of containerisation
In return you’ll enjoy a diverse, energizing, and informal environment that focuses on real career progression opportunities.
We’ll also give you a comprehensive package that includes: a base salary £57,861 – £98,423, a discretionary variable bonus, a generous pension contribution up to 15%, 4% flexible benefit (which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash), a private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, access to share plans and staff discounts.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
So, if you’d like to work in a challenging Engineering role in an environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you…
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.