Website Lloyds Banking Group
***The base salary banding for this role is £39,000 – £56,000 in London and £34,000 – £48,000 outside of London, plus the benefits listed below.*** Job Description Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper. We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it. Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we’re redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation. Our Cloud Engineering team is looking for a passionate GCP Cloud Engineer with strong hands-on development experience. As a Cloud Engineer you’ll be an active and leading member of a cloud-focused team of engineers – working on one of the Group’s flagship projects to deliver a strategic platform which will enable the business to realise the next generation of services that form the Bank’s vision for 2021 and beyond! The role will have accountabilities including:
- Delivering against GCP and Cloud-technology roadmaps
- Collaboratively working with other engineering teams to build and release enterprise-class solutions that progress the programme’s roadmap
- Maintaining, supporting & improving our Public Cloud platforms using SRE principles
What you’d get involved with:
- Developing the framework of Public Cloud products for application developers to consume
- Delivering Infrastructure as Code according to the engineering backlog with minimal guidance
What’s needed to be considered for this job? Essential:
- Good DevOps understanding, “Infrastructure as Code” using technology such as Azure DevOps, Terraform, Chef and Jenkins
- Experience working with a broad set of Public Cloud technologies and services
- Ability to write scripts in at least one language such as PowerShell, BASH, Python and Groovy
- A good understanding of Cloud Security
- Experience with solving problems and troubleshooting, fixing and resolving issue
- Demonstrates a passion to continue to learn and develop new engineering skills
- Good understanding and demonstrable use of good source control practice
- Recent experience using PaaS services or Kubernetes (or another containerization technology)
- Knowledge of developing DevOps pipelines to deliver automation of infrastructure or applications.
- Training or certifications in any cloud platform, such as Azure, GCP, AWS
- Ability to work with architectural, business and other engineers to shape, design and engineer solutions
- Ability to work with a team of engineers to deliver domain-owned deliverables and dependencies
- Continuous curiosity to learn and develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling in the cloud function
- Technology agnostic and are willing to adapt their approach in pursuit of the best solution
What you’d get in return:
- Offering you both opportunity and profile – we’ll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
- We’ll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible. We’ll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you! We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
To apply for this job please visit lbg.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.