Website Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK’s largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We’re on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help to do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we’re redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) is looking for a Senior Cloud Security Engineer (Azure) to take a role in the design and delivery of security services across the organisation’s Azure Cloud Platform environment, with accountability for a range of work across both Security ‘build’ and ‘run’.
You’ll have an in-depth technical understanding and experience of public cloud, API and micro-service architectures, and you’ll provide low-level hands-on technical engineering expertise for the Security CCoE’s control framework and continuous compliance service. Additionally, you’ll take a lead role for the ongoing maturing and automation of foundation security services provided for wider consumption across the organisation.
The role involves senior level engagement into the business area and is accountable for the delivery of assigned projects, representation at local governance along with providing senior technical leadership and consultancy to both internal CCoE and external colleagues as the need arises.
What you’d get involved with:
- Technical ownership of key Security CCoE tasks (Azure)
- SME accountability for core security control framework components & services (Azure)
- Leading senior level engagement into the business portfolio
- Escalation point for cyber security related issues
- Triage and allocation of new work with line management and task management of Cloud Security Engineers
- Resource and workload planning within the aligned area
- Accountability for the quality of work produced by the Cloud Security Engineers
- Representing CCoE Security at localised governance forums
- Ratifying the risk rating and endorse the acceptance of risk in line with risk guide rails
What’s needed to be considered for this job?
- Experience supporting major programmes and other project-based activities
- Proven experience of supporting IT/Security infrastructure
- Strong technical background
- Hands on experience Microsoft Azure
- Experience of Cloud Security Tools (e.g. Azure Security Centre)
- The ability to pick up and learn new technology approaches and make rapid decisions on the best way to use these technology advancements for the improvement of the overall security posture.
- Excellent communication skills as the ability to communicate effectively, constructively, confidently and professionally is key to the success in the role as is the ability to work with IT and Information Security teams and the wider business.
- An excellent knowledge of Information Security principles and an understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK and other information security defence and intelligence frameworks.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to actively manage workloads to meet business and department requirements.
Cloud certifications such as:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CSSP)
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with cloud native security tools
- Familiarity with a programming or scripting language
- A solid understanding of financial services and typical business processes involved together with threat actors and their relevant tactics, techniques and procedures would be a significant advantage.
What you’d get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile – we’ll provide you with a diverse, energising and lively environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We’ll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
Together we make it possible.
Please note, the base salary banding for this role is £57,000 – £83,000 in London and £50,000 – £72,000 outside of London, plus the benefits listed below.
We’ll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- Discretionary bonus: up to 30% of basic salary
- Generous pension contribution – up to 13% employer contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle – cash sum of 4% of salary
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
So if you have a desire to work in a challenging Engineering role in a dynamic environment with quality at the heart of thinking, whilst gaining skills and experience within a friendly and motivated team then get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.