The start date for this role will be in March/April 2021
As a technical analyst in our Solutions team you will get hands on experience with different analytics, ad tech and marketing tools to drive insight and performance for our clients.
On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon. You will be involved end-to-end from assessing client requirements & crafting measurement solutions through to implementing tracking in a range of platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch.
This role offers a perfect balance of client interaction, critical thinking and hands-on coding.
Life as a Junior Technical Analyst at Merkle
You begin by joining our fantastic training programme and you’re supported from day one. In hardly any time, you’ll be an expert in our field and your role will cover the full spectrum of technical solutions work:
· Devising tracking and reporting frameworks that provide data to a wide range of digital platforms, including Google Analytics, DoubleClick and Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
· Implementation of these plans using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
· Liaison with our client’s developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities
· Working with APIs and developing scripts to integrate datasets and build reporting & visualisation tools
· Support of A/B testing build work using customer experience optimization tools such as Optimizely, Optimize and VWO
· Hands on analysis of our client’s data to surface actionable insight regarding their website and marketing performance
· Building and maintaining client relationships through day-to-day account management, both written and via face to face contact
· Working autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual, so they build a long-lasting career with us.
What you MUST have:
– Researched our Analytics teams and the analytics tools they use to help with marketing solutions (e.g Google Analytics).
· Friendly and engaging personality
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
· Logical thinker
· Good attention to detail
What’s an added bonus:
· Background developing websites or applications is desirable but not required. We just want to see a passion or all things tech!
· If you have any experience in CRO (Conversation-Rate-Optimisation) or UX (User Experience) this could also come in handy!
Essentially, we’re looking for intelligent, data-loving, coding obsessed, logical candidates!
We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, someone with an apprenticeship or a person looking for a change of career. We’re open to anyone who’s passionate about analytics and Coding. Make sure you display that passion and research throughout the interview process.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on Technical Analytics so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in Analytics.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete record a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research. Think about looking into Google analytics, tools, platforms, metrics etc
· Online Interview – If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the Online Interview. This is a chance for you to meet the team via video call, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person. You will also be given a coding test so you can showcase your coding ability.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together an Analytics presentation, based off a pretend client brief. Until we all return to the office you will present this over video call.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
If you have any special requirements or needs throughout the interview process, please let us know so we can accommodate these.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.