We’re hiring an experienced, lead or senior data scientist to join one of our teams to help deliver data solutions as part of an emerging and fantastically interesting sector in the North West. We’re always looking for good people and we are ready to go when you are.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Every time someone new joins it is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most fulfilling work of your career.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be joining a data science team which is already doing amazing work within the National Security, Health, Policing, and Law Enforcement sectors. The team is small but rapidly growing, and works together to analyse and investigate data and design solutions. Individuals within the team also work embedded in other projects, bringing their skills and knowledge to impactful projects for UK Government customers.
Our data science team is responsible for the following:
● Analysing customer requirements in long-term projects and new bid work to uncover opportunities for customers to leverage their data
● Analysing and modelling customer data, performing statistical analyses, designing cleansing, transformation and normalisation processes, performing feature extraction/reduction, and designing solutions and opportunities
● Performing, visualising, and presenting data analyses and analytics to customers and project leads, including on-site
● Engineering platforms, databases, and data pipelines as part of broader delivery solutions
● Training (inc. transfer learning and fine-tuning) and deploying ML/AI models for prediction, detection, classification, etc.
● Writing or supporting software solutions that implement data science models, tool, and techniques
We are looking for a data scientist to help maintain our company’s strong reputation for Agile delivery of robust solutions through taking a conscientious and scientific approach to handling and analysing customer data, designing and developing techniques and tools that implement data science solutions, working with others to train, test and deploy ML/AI models, and visualising and presenting complex data in simple ways to customers, project managers and coworkers.
You will work closely with customers, other data scientists, data architects and engineers, software developers and testers to:
● Investigate, transform (with provenance) and model customer data
● Apply statistical methods to analyse customer data and be able to report that analyse to co-workers, customers, and project leads
● Identify opportunities to apply, design and build algorithms to transform and interrogate data
● Visualise data and model and algorithm outputs for audiences of different levels of understanding
● Use data science techniques, including ML/AI, to design and build solutions to customer problems, and work with software developers, data engineers and testers to implement and assure them
● Work with data engineers and platform engineers to design, implement and test data ingest pipelines
● Work with other data scientists and ML and platform engineers to design, train, test and deploy ML/AI models
● Test and compare the effectiveness of different mathematical and computational techniques for working with data
● conduct research into the application or development of new data science techniques.
Here are some things you might have worked on recently that we’re looking for:
● performing a deep dive into customer data and presenting the results of your analysis and modelling to customers, co-workers and project managers, for instance using JuPyter Notebooks
● designing and developing a data ingest pipeline that leverages data science techniques pertaining to e.g. entity extraction, natural language processing, object detection, network analysis.
● collating training data for, designing, training, evaluating and deploying ML models and/or deep learning neural networks, and developing the pipelines to automate these tasks
● taken responsibility for transforming or implementing your employer’s data science strategy.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist with strong opinions on the best ways of working, techniques and tooling for designing, implementing and testing data solutions and pipelines. You need an active interest in new developments, including keeping abreast of state of the art techniques in technology, academic, and industry articles.
Curiosity, conscientiousness and a scientific approach are key qualities we are looking for. The ability to work well with others, help junior staff, and present complex ideas and findings to customers, executives and non-specialists within the company is essential.
You might have a degree in a field like computational science, mathematics, or statistical or mathematical sciences such as behavioural science or physics. You might not, and you can demonstrate how you’ve trodden the path for yourself.
Our offices are in Media City and you can work from home. Most of the company works from the office and we still like to see you. We are lean, and we have a high ratio of ‘do-ers’. You need to be able work as part of a team and take ownership and deliver against your own tasks.
Our values, which have been set by our people (not the management) are Integrity, Accountability, Pride and Passion, Courage, Ambition and Initiative, Collaboration, and Caring. Everyone has a voice at Naimuri and we are always keen to hear
yours. We continue to grow steadily, and are always looking at ways to improve how we share, operate, communicate and learn together. We really believe in helping grow the North West further to become a technical hub, specialising in security and intelligence.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Naimuri pays competitively within the industry based on Northwest rates. The salary for this position is dependent upon your experience and is relative to our current people.
It is vital to us that all our people are remunerated fairly, ensuring everyone feels valued. We assess seniority relative to the team at Naimuri during the interviewing process.
We expect you to work 37.5 hours per week, and you have flexibility over when you give that time within our core hours (between 10:00 and 16:00).
On successful completion of your probation you will get access to health insurance, ability to purchase extra holidays and a generous pension scheme.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.