We’re hiring a full-stack developer to join one of our teams to help deliver software as part of an emerging and fantastically interesting sector in the North West. We’re always looking for good people and we are ready to go when you are.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Every time someone new joins it is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. We are committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most fulfilling work of your career.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be joining a software delivery team which is already doing amazing work within the National Security , Intelligence and Law Enforcement sector. Our teams are small (usually no larger than seven people) and you’ll join the team and work with them closely.
Our development teams are responsible for the following:
● Designing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining software solutions.
● Full stack development using Front End technologies, such as React, integrating AWS services and open source tooling, using a variety of different databases (e.g. MongoDb or ElasticSearch) and developing in Java or Python.
● Working with our DevOps specialists to help manage and maintain their own infrastructure (using Kubernetes).
● Building and adding to automated delivery pipelines (using GitLab).
● Taking accountability for quality as a team, including pair programming and participating in code reviews.
So you’ll develop new components, you’ll fix bugs, you’ll learn new ways of doing things and we will learn from you. You’ll have the
freedom and autonomy to do your best work, with plenty of support along the way.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day:
● Improving systems integration performance, using Apache Ni-Fi, by balancing scaling and flow improvements through chunking
● Implementing AWS Security Control Policies to manage global access privileges
● Validating and Converting data into a common data format using Avro Schemas and JOLT
● Designing a proxy in-front of our Kubernetes cluster egress to whitelist traffic and mitigate any security risks
● Implementing Access/Role Based Access Control in Elastic Search
● Writing React UI using an ATDD approach with Cypress
● Improving docker-compose config and REAMDE instructions to
● Writing CI/CD pipelines
● Enhancing a rules engine using TDD in Java ABOUT YOU
We’re looking for someone with experience developing software solutions. You should have some opinions on
● What good code looks like (front end or back end)
● How best to deploy software
● How to operate systems on top of elastic infrastructure ● How to spot smells in the code
Knowledge of developing on the cloud is preferred, although not essential. Solid fundamentals with software development, systems integration, problem solving, and teamwork pave the way.
You might have a degree, it might be in a related field. You might not, and you can demonstrate how you’ve trodden the path for yourself.
Our offices are in Media City and you can work from home. Most of the company works from the office and we still like to see you. We are
lean, and we have a high ratio of ‘do-ers’. You need to be able work as part of a team and take ownership and deliver against your own tasks.
Our values, which have been set by our people (not the management) are Integrity, Accountability, Pride and Passion, Courage, Ambition and Initiative, Collaboration, and Caring.
Everyone has a voice at Naimuri and we are always keen to hear yours. We continue to grow steadily, and are always looking at ways to improve how we share, operate, communicate and learn together. We really believe in helping grow the North West further to become a technical hub, specialising in security and intelligence.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Naimuri pays competitively within the industry based on Northwest rates. The salary for this position is dependent upon your experience and is relative to our current people.
It is vital to us that all our people are remunerated fairly, ensuring everyone feels valued. We assess seniority relative to the team at Naimuri during the interviewing process.
We expect you to work 37.5 hours per week, and you have flexibility over when you give that time within our core hours (between 10:00 and 16:00).
On successful completion of your probation you will get access to health insurance, ability to purchase extra holidays a generous pension scheme.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.