Website Nexus Alpha
Providing intelligent transport systems, services & apps
This role sits within one of our Software Development teams, with a focus on front end web development. The team you will be joining is responsible for the development of our Arrakis Portal Website. This is used by a number of the UK Train Operating Companies as a Messaging and Admin tool. It is a new product, started just over 2 years ago, and is being developed rapidly into new areas of functionality.
We are committed to using the latest technologies wherever possible, and as such require developers that are committed to continuous learning. This role will focus on front end work, but we would encourage some crossover for a more balanced skill set over time. Our developers are committed to high quality code and we would like you to aspire to this goal also.
Our Rochester office is situated at Ashford House, Beaufort Court, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent, ME2 4FA. The role will initially be fully remote, however when Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, you will be expected to travel to the Rochester office on some days; we expect to adopt a hybrid working policy.
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary: Competitive depending on experience.
• Company Profit Share.
• 37.5 hours per week (Minimum of 7.5 hours per day).
• 28 days annual leave (plus 8 Bank Holidays); increasing by 1 day after 5 years’ service.
• Flexible Working Hours.
• Option to regularly work from home.
• 10am to 4pm are our core hours, but we aim to provide suitable working patterns to suit each individual – for example we don’t expect you to take annual leave to get the boiler fixed, you can just make up the time elsewhere!
• 8% Workplace Pension Scheme (3% Employer, 5% Employee)
• Free Eye Tests.
• Childcare Voucher Scheme.
• Company Mobile Phone.
• Regular company challenges, including runs and variety competitions (usually with a pub dinner as a
• Regular social events across the year.
• We’re a fun team so we’re always keen to hear about things you might like to get involved in or other
suggestions for out of hours team building.
• Researching, Designing, and Implementing new features.
• Writing, testing, and debugging code – refining as necessary.
• Maintaining systems by correcting software defects.
• Investigating and learning new technologies.
• Task estimation.
• Working in a team-oriented environment to accomplish business goals.
• Capturing requirements and creating technical specifications.
• Working closely with other people, such as product owners, designers, and developers.
• Providing progress updates and following through on commitments to meet deadlines.
• To provide input into our development processes to enhance team and business performance.
Required Technical Experience:
• Excellent UI Design Skills.
• Knowledge of UI and UX Best Practices.
• Artistic/Creative eye for UI Design.
• Understanding of Responsive UI Design on Tablets or Mobile.
• Angular – later versions of Angular 6-11.
• Angular Material / Themes / Bootstrap experience.
• Quality of Experience is more important – but from around 3 years’ experience upwards.
• Consuming REST APIs using JSON data.
• Experience using Agile Methodology.
• Programming skills and experience in one of our other languages. (C#, Java)
• Web Services – RESTful API design and implementation.
• Use of application frameworks and enterprise design patterns.
• Experience of Windows or Linux environments.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Continuous learner with the ability to grasp new concepts.
• Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies.
• Hard worker that takes responsibility for your work.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Open minded when trying new ideas and development methodologies.
• Analytical/Investigative mind, with structured approach to tracking down problems.
• Understanding or willingness to learn; usability, performance, and best practice.
• Amiable, self-motivated, and goal oriented.
• Enjoys working in a team environment.
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related technical subject.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.