Website Octopus Energy
Addressing Black representation in Energy
At Octopus Energy, we’re on a mission to drive the global renewable revolution and make green energy affordable for all. In order to succeed, we need to build a team that represents everyone in our society. Studies show that less than 5% of the energy sector is made up of black professionals. In an effort to start building a more equal industry we have created an internship programme that is only open to candidates who identify with any Black, African or Caribbean background. We believe in being at the forefront of equality and these internships are a key part of our journey to ensure greater diversity and inclusivity across our business.
Who we are
We are an international energy supply company who put customers at the heart of everything we do. We empower our people to give outrageously good customer service, and fight to make energy fairer, more affordable, and more accessible for all.
We’re on a mission to halt the climate emergency by unlocking a smart, 100% green grid. We are using technology to transform the energy system; making electricity green and affordable, creating one-of-a-kind energy innovations. Our aim is to have 100 million customers, across the globe, on the Kraken Platform by the year 2030.
What you’ll do
- Understand how we keep our customers happy and the heart of everything we do.
- Gain insight into how the energy industry operates by engaging with industry stakeholders.
- Spotting any inefficiencies throughout your day to day role and working towards improving these processes.
- Understand how the operations and tech team work together to form our platform to manage customers accounts and resolve any issues that arise.
What you’ll need
- Patience – You will be dealing with customers accounts and occasionally sensitive situations that need patience in order to deal with to the best of your ability
- An open mind – As our company is growing at such a fast pace and changing constantly to fit our needs, you will have to be open minded to changes in the way you work and across our platform
- Accountability – We believe in context not control. We give you the freedom to tackle tasks in the best way you see fit with the knowledge and context given behind what we want to achieve. Sometimes things go wrong and we understand that, we expect you to be accountable, work towards solutions and learn from mistakes when these things happen
- Resilience – The role is fast paced and we are looking for interns who know how to recover from challenges
- A team mindset – You understand that the best way to achieve a shared goal is through working together and collaboration
What you will gain from this experience
- Problem Solving – Spotting what is wrong and how to fix it is a key part of an op’s role and is a skill you will quickly gain
- Communication Skills – You will be communicating with a number of different stakeholders, from customers to senior management, adapting their language to meet the needs of their audience
- Adaptability – You will be able to deal with any new situation with ease and will be aware of any changes in their environment
- New skills in technology/kraken platform – You will gain a real insight into how a Tech Forward Company works, and will gain first hand experience working on a platform that is home to millions of Customer’s accounts Learning how the Energy Industry works and how OE is playing a key role in shaking up this Industry
- Collaborating with different areas of the Business including tech and marketing
*** IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY ***
After clicking ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’, you will be taken to an application form where you will be prompted to ‘Attach Resume/CV’. Please do not upload a CV. Instead, you should upload a cover letter made up of no more than 400 words. Here are some ideas of what we’d like to know:
– Why do you think you are suitable for this internship at Octopus Energy?
– What interests you about a career in Operations?
– Any past experiences with customer service (this may be personal or academic)?
– A little bit about yourself!
If you’re successful with the application you will be invited to the next stage of our recruitment process.
You can also view the Octopus Energy – Equality Internship Programme – Back End Developer Role
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.