At PlayStation London Studio, we are on a mission to make award-winning, landmark games. Our upcoming PlayStation 5 online multiplayer game will be focused on a brand-new IP we are extraordinarily excited about.
Our new game is close to our hearts, as the whole team collaborated on coming up with the concept from the very beginning. We’ve seen this idea grow from a seed, and now we’re looking for new starters to continue our journey on shaping our plans for this AAA project.
We’re also a part of the PlayStation Studios family, a collective of teams – from Insomniac to Naughty Dog and many more. As such, we have solid support system – often knowledge sharing industry advancements so that all our studios, individually lead the way to create memorable gaming experiences.
We’re looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our passionate and creative team. You’ll work closely with Designers and Artists to bring ideas and experiences to life, with a special focus on the Player and their end-to-end experience.
Scope of Work
- Take an active role in the game design process to contribute ideas, feedback, and suggestions.
Prototype new Gameplay features and explore creative ideas with a focus on the quality of the player experience.
- Design, develop, document, test, and maintain highly accessible Gameplay features & systems in close collaboration with other Programmers, Designers, and Animators.
- Continuously strive to deliver a diverse and robust set of gameplay features that culminate in a highly entertaining interactive experience.
- Proactively and methodically improve quality and efficiency.
- Devote time to personal improvement to further your own game development and programming skills.
- Mentor and support colleagues in their own development.
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience in the design and implementation of combat, character movement, game controls, camera and other various established gameplay systems.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A passionate game player with an opinion about the type of games they enjoy, an eye on current/established trends and what game elements enable an engaging and exciting experience
- Development of a network focused title.
- PlayStation platform development, PC or other console-based development, or mobile applications and games.
- A successful shipped console or mobile title that achieved critical acclaim and did well in the market.
Impact / Complexity
This is a Senior level role which means you will take ownership for the implementation and delivery of your own tasks, alongside balancing those tasks with bug fixing and support work.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We encourage you to bring your best-unaltered self to work. Inclusivity is one of our studio values, which means we embrace different perspectives to fuel our creativity, and we know that our games are stronger for it!
It is important to us that our teams are passionate about diversity and inclusion. They must understand that these words speak to people’s lived experiences that may differ to their own. We encourage our teams to educate themselves and show support and their commitment to DE&I (diversity, equity, and inclusion). As an example, some of our outreach activities include giving talks, mentoring, speaking at schools, running roundtables and much more.
We therefore welcome applications from all groups who are underrepresented in the games industry. We can offer training to upskill our team, so if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the job criteria, we still strongly encourage you to apply and look forward to hearing from you.
Our roles can be flexible in terms of work location in the UK. We will consider the individual’s preference for hybrid, remote or onsite working. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate remote working outside of the UK.
However, if you wish to relocate to the UK and require sponsorship, we can support you with the visa process.
We have so many benefits, and we felt that if we listed them all out here it might look like we are bragging! What we can say is that we have you covered, from health and wellbeing, to finance and personal development, there is something there for everyone! If you would like to know more head to our benefits and perks page!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.