lbgcareers Lloyds Banking Group
Quality Engineer – Payments
Salay < £51,255, 4% Flex fund, <20% bonus, 28 days hliday and more
Hybrid working – London
Where does the role sit?
In the Payments Services Platform, our mission is to provide compliant and efficient payments capabilities for the Group and drive innovation to enable customers to move money confidently, quickly and securely. We sit within Business & Commercial Banking and play a critical role in providing services across the whole Group.
As a Payments Services colleague, we’ll provide you with continuous training and development opportunities and regular career development conversations to help you fulfil your career potential within an inclusive, diverse, and nurturing culture – it’s one of the many things our colleagues love about working with us.
Furthermore, we encourage colleagues to be flexible in their ways of working, so you can balance your personal commitments with the needs of the business.
About the role
As a Quality Engineer, you’ll help drive quality software solutions into production. You’ll be continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and help define “Done” from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our Quality Engineering principles. An ideal Quality Engineer will be technically literate, experienced in automated and manual testing processes, keen to learn, able to communicate well, with an interest in ensuring quality services are delivered for customers and colleagues. A willingness to get stuck in and learn on the job is crucial.
Here’s how you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll work in an Agile team of colleagues from different fields to plan and implement highly effective testing to ensure excellent delivery quality to colleagues and customers.
- You’ll exercise your “T-Shape” capabilities to develop and further improve the expansion of our Test Automation framework to deliver quality testing in a rapid execution timeline.
- You’ll be part of the Quality Engineering community to learn and grow individually but also working with others to help the community improve.
- You’ll work collaboratively with the Product Owner as well as Engineers, Business Analysts and Scrum Masters to help building the feature team capability.
- Security is at the heart of everything we do at LBG and our Engineers contribute to building a secure culture. It’ll feature as a key part of your role – having a secure mindset to provide strong and resilient business solutions that safeguard our business and customers from security threats.
What we need from you:
- High attention to detail and initiative to make sound judgements in work methods and interpreting goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate new processes clearly and document critical aspects of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to conduct root cause analyses and devise suitable action plans, this might involve thinking about a process, procedure or problem in a completely new way.
- You’ll have:
- Technical and practical usage skills in Java, GitHub, Selenium, HP Load Runner, HP Performance Centre, Urban Code, Springboot, Websphere, Unix, MQ, WAS, CI/CD, Jira/Confluence, Jenkins, Python, Cucumber, Splunk, Dynatrace, SOAP APIs, Rest APIs, Gatling.
- Experience in BDD/TDD
- Experience working in agile, DevOps and non-agile quality engineering practices; manual and automated testing, functional and non-functional coverage as well as documentation (all test deliverables within the lifecycle) and defect management.
- Experience of a working across all testing phases (Functional, Non Functional, UAT, Live Proving, Security)
- Enthusiasm to continuously learn and develop
We’d also like to reassure applicants that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Sound like you? Together we make it possible. Apply today!
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.