lbgcareers Lloyds Banking Group
Scrum Master – London
Salary & Benefits: £61,176 – £76,471 per annum (depending on experience), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
At Lloyds Banking Group we’re embracing collaborative, agile ways of working, to help us deliver the best outcomes for our colleagues, customers and businesses.
Join us and discover how this could work for you.
Where does the role sit?
In the Payments Services Platform, our mission is to provide compliant and efficient payments capabilities for the Group and drive innovation to enable customers to move money confidently, quickly and securely. The Payments Services Platform sits within Business & Commercial Banking and plays a critical role in providing services across the whole Group.
The International and High Value Lab ensures that customers to continue to transact cross-border Payments in a safe and efficient manner.
The Lab will be delivering a number of exciting initiatives which will Transform the Payments Operations Enquiries & Investigations capability and improve the customer experience by increasing the volume of right first time payments through the implementation of a number of Payment Channel Improvements.
About the role:
As a Scrum Master you’ll operate at Team level as a change agent with a passion for working with people and teams to help them reach their best and deliver their best for customers and the bank.
You’ll encourage your team’s understanding of Agile frameworks, Transformation Principles and Practices, and support them to establish their ways of working, to self-manage and continuously improve in delivering change and value safely. In summary a scrum master is there to help the team deliver more value, more quickly at a sustainable pace.
In the International and High Value Lab, a learning culture is important. We continuously strive to improve your knowledge and skills in the role. You’ll receive support from your chapter lead and will support less experienced scrum masters in the lab. You’re encouraged to contribute to the community, sharing knowledge and great practice.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
- Support the Team and Lab to understand and utilise Agile frameworks (Scaling, Scrum, Kanban etc) and Agile events (Scrum of Scrums, PI planning, retrospectives etc) to understand the value and purpose of them.
- Help the Product Owner to manage an effective Product Backlog
- Guide the team to break work into small, discrete pieces of value or learning.
- Promotes best practices in refinement, prioritisation, stakeholder engagement and introducing tools and techniques.
- Coach and empower the team to self-manage, utilise feedback for continuous learning and improvement in efficient and incremental value delivery.
- Enable the team to understand and visualise the optimal sequence of work, measure and understand their performance through metrics (throughput, cycle time, happiness etc) and use this as the basis for their improvement activity.
- Promote psychological safety and wellbeing creating a safe, trusting, and open environment for the team.
- Coach and support the team to identify blockers / barriers to effective delivery and remove these.
- Learning/curious mindset, energy, and enthusiasm for creative disruption and to continuously strive to improve the organisation, team, and your knowledge and skills.
What we need from you:
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Frameworks (such as the Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SaFE).
- Practical experience of working in agile environments (preferably in a software engineering environment and /or large-scale complex programmes).
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of other techniques that support Agile working, such as Dev Ops, Lean, System Thinking, Queueing Theory, Complex Adaptive systems, Theory of Constraints / Critical Chain.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience working with the Transformation Principles and Practices (TP&Ps).
We’d also welcome someone with a Scrum Master Certification – PSM1 or equivalent, however support will be available to achieve this.
What’s in it for you?
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Whatever your aspirations, you can expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
In PECP, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment – it is one of the many things our colleagues love about working with us! As part of this we encourage colleagues to be flexible in their ways of working – including where and when you work – so you can balance your personal commitments with the needs of the business.
We’d also like to reassure applicants that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
So, are you looking for a rewarding, exciting and stretching role in which you can contribute to our purpose of helping Britain prosper and make a difference to customers, businesses, and communities?
Apply today and join our inclusive, purpose-led team that celebrates diversity…!
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.