At CybSafe we’re building the world’s most intelligent behavioural security platform. We’re harnessing the power of science, data and cognitive computing technology. We’re doing this because we believe it’s important to create a safer and better digital world for all people. So we’re in the process of fundamentally transforming the way society addresses the human aspect of cyber security. We’re growing rapidly and looking for new members of the tribe to help accelerate growth.
We’re looking for a talented Python Engineer who understands the web and loves to help people with technology. You will work with the Engineering team to build our leading cyber security platform and report to the Chief Technology Officer.
Read more about Engineering roles at CybSafe here.
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE’RE AFTER
Our perfect candidate aligns with our purpose: to fundamentally change how we keep people safe online. and brings a willingness to share their talents for the benefit of the team and culture. You have a passion for efficiency and identifying ways in which you can use your skills to help all members of the team. You champion the customer, always striving to deliver the best experience for the hundreds of thousands of people you reach. We’d also like you to be enthusiastic and have a positive attitude even when asked to do things outside of your job description and skill set. Importantly, we’d like you to have the ability to stay organised and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment with strong attention to detail.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Building internet applications for our scaled and increasingly global infrastructure.
- Delivering an experience second to none, which might be for the hundreds of thousands of people on our platform, cyber security professionals, or internal tools tribers at CybSafe
- Writing code your colleagues admire for it’s readability and elegance
- Designing and maintaining innovative software applications
- Supporting our Open Source projects like phishtray: We’re helping research and giving away software, everyone at CybSafe has time to contribute
- Mentoring & building skills in the team: We run regular hackathons, we spend time learning new things, everyone is involved!
THE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE YOU’LL NEED
- Strong Experience in Python and Django (we’re using Python 3 on Django!)
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, demonstrated by a compsci/engineering degree or equivalent self study
- Understanding of distributed system design, and how to take software to production
- Experience working in high performing, agile teams
- Experience in developing and maintaining fast, scalable and well-documented APIs
- You are able to design data models for relational databases like PostgreSQL
- You’re believe the best software is made of organised, thoroughly tested, easy-to-understand building blocks that form a reliable system
- Writing technical specifications and and supporting documentation
- You know the current trends in architecture and web services
- Broad understanding of full stack skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred Experience: Docker, Cloud skills
THE PACKAGE AND THE PERKS
- It’s a full-time role earning £60,000 – £85,000 per year with pension plan and contribution by us.
- You will be eligible for a discretionary bonus at our year end (end of June).
- As a full time employee, you’ll also be enrolled in the company options scheme and ultimately benefit from the value you will help create.
Check out our ever-growing list of perks here
WHY WORK AT CYBSAFE
Because we believe that everyone deserves to live in a better, safer digital world. And we believe that people’s security decisions and behaviours play a big part in whether this is a reality or not. We’re on a mission to eradicate the ambiguity that surrounds human factors security & security awareness. So we operate at the intersection of behavioural science, technology and data science. We love it. We’re a tribe of risk-takers, game-changers, free-thinkers and doers. And we’re passionate about the impact we have on our planet through our software and our voices.
Passion. Impact. Transparency. Autonomy. Purpose. Diversity. Belonging.
If these things resonate with you, come join us and make a difference.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We believe in being a diverse and inclusive tribe. There are no excuses for anything less. We recruit, employ, train and promote qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
WHERE WE WORK
We’re a ‘remote-first’ company. We have a distributed team and have adopted a Work From Anywhere (WFA) approach. This means we make sure that every member of the team can fully participate, wherever in the world they choose to work from. To make this work we have a strong culture of transparency, trust and empowerment.
We still have a hub in London – which we’ll get back to once current restrictions have sufficiently eased. But you don’t have to be in London to be part of the Tribe! We’ll get your kit to you, make sure you have a great setup (including a desk and an ergonomic chair) and still make you feel like a member of the Tribe – no matter where you are.
To apply for this job please visit cybsafe.bamboohr.com.