lbgcareers Lloyds Banking Group
Senior Solution Architect
Lloyds Banking Group
Leeds, Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax, London, Manchester, or any of our main sites across the UK – We’re happy with home working the majority of the time, however you’ll need to be in office 1 or 2 days per week.
Salary & Benefits: £65,288 to £102,410 per annum (location dependent), plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices flexibility to suit your lifestyle and ensure a good work-life balance.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group and where does this role sit?
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses, and communities.
Our Datacenters are the nerve centre of the organisation and where we host the banks most critical applications. LBG has taken the decision to build a brand-new datacentre to provide us with a sustainable hosting facility for the next 20+ years.
What will I focus on in this role?
Within the GCIO Resilience portfolio our Datacentre Strategy & Engineering team has been charged with building a new datacentre facility and migrating IT services from other datacentres to centralise into a 2 datacentre operating model.
We’ll drive the agenda of modernisation and simplification to create the simplest and most effective migration methodologies to get us to the target Datacentre Operating Model.
Specific activities which you’ll be responsible for include things like;
You’ll provide leadership in all aspects of programme delivery from programme start up through design and into delivery and beyond. You’ll be the ultimate design authority for a programme or group of projects and possess the expert knowledge of multiple applications, technologies and business processes across a number of Platform domains.
- The Senior Solution Architect will act as role model, mentors and in some cases, Line Manages colleagues within the programme delivery Community.
- Demonstrates extensive thought leadership and cultivates collaboration to deliver the best technical solutions for complex /significant business needs, where no precedent may exist.
- Ensures compliance of the Banks IT architecture design and governance standards, procedures, guidelines, quality standards, and all regulatory and statutory requirements, ensuring the Bank is protected at all times. Also ensuring alignment to both Group IT project lifecycle and software development lifecycles.
- Run and chair the Programme Technical Design Authority
- Team critical issue point, acting as engineering principal for running projects and able to guide other team members to successful outcomes
- Technical accountability for the engineering delivery of the datacentre programme
What do we need to see from applicants?
- In depth knowledge of Enterprise infrastructure solutions. (Mainframe, Midrange, X86, Networks).
- Enterprise datacentre build and migration knowledge
- Application Migration & Modernisation
- Understanding of Networking (routing/switching, IP, network protocols, http headers, firewalls, WAF)
- Linux/Windows and virtualisation/containerisation (inc. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to see the big picture and translate business priorities into technical solutions
- Experience of running multiple projects simultaneously and understand the relationships between them
- Line management of technical resources
What can I expect in Return?
We’re dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential!
As a new colleague to the team, you’ll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We’re committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and equal opportunity and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Together we’ll make it possible!
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.